"I don't mean to sound rude, but..."

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
dGt882z.png

I hate people who ignore compiler warnings and just check in code anyway.

Krazy4Real

Lifer
Oct 3, 2003
I LOVE giving that answer. You immediately throw a wrench in the gears, and the whole process shuts down. The longer they planned for the interaction, the harder the machine stops :^D
Yeah, talk about total deer in the headlights look.

Krazy4Real

Lifer
Oct 3, 2003
That is a good idea. Put the phrase after.

"You smell bad, but I don't mean to be rude."
Why not cover all your bases and say it before and after?

"I don't mean to be rude, but you smell bad, but I don't mean to be rude."

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
I occasionally consider saying this, but don't. 95% of the times I consider it, it's when I go around the corner in the grocery store and... old lady perfume. Their olfactory senses are shot, thus they're bathing in the stuff. As soon as you get within 20 feet, you're gagging.

Why the hell can't one of their relatives be frank with them? It'd be doing them a favor.

HN

Diamond Member
Jan 19, 2001
I just wanted to ask a question. I hope you don't take it the wrong way but you're a bunch of assholes.

:D

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Linus Torvalds said:
What the F*CK, guys?
dGt882z.png
:hmm: I think this explains some of why Linux is the way it is.

I LOVE giving that answer. You immediately throw a wrench in the gears, and the whole process shuts down. The longer they planned for the interaction, the harder the machine stops :^D
Some people just keep the gears right on turning, mashing the wrench into an unrecognizable, contorted mass of metal. On goes the question.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Look, I'm not saying you're ugly, but...

KT

Last edited: