I didn't know where else to post these 2 fun little tidbits

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
LOL I love how the female agent is dumbing down and slowing down her speech for Trump. "This is a tunnel... This is an area where we actually have wall". I appreciate her valiant efforts, but I do believe they're in vain.

Reactions: Homerboy

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
I also posted in the wall thread that 1958 Trackdown episode about the con man named Trump, who tells the townsfolk they will all die unless they build a wall, and he alone can do it. Fing crazy.

"Narrator: The people were ready to believe. Like sheep they ran to the slaughterhouse. And waiting for them was the high priest of fraud.

Trump: I am the only one. Trust me. I can build a wall around your homes that nothing will penetrate.

Townperson: What do we do? How can we save ourselves?!

Trump: You ask how do you build that wall. You ask, and I’m here to tell you."

Reminds me of the classic Monorail episode from the Simpsons too.

You laugh at these episodes because you don't think your people are actually that stupid IRL... But they are.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I don't think I have heard anyone say that a wall was completely impenetrable. It is a fact that strategically constructed barriers would greatly reduce the illegal border crossings and couple it with improved technology we could stop all but the most determined interlopers.

Once this is done it would also help deter these insane "caravans" of thousands.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I don't think I have heard anyone say that a wall was completely impenetrable. It is a fact that strategically constructed barriers would greatly reduce the illegal border crossings and couple it with improved technology we could stop all but the most determined interlopers.

Once this is done it would also help deter these insane "caravans" of thousands.
So you believe in fairy tales, now I understand.

ecogen

Golden Member
Dec 24, 2016

If you're gonna claim something is a fact you might wanna back it up. You're also forgetting the value for money side of the issue. A wall is a very very expensive way to tackle the problem of illegal border crossings which isn't even the number one method of illegally getting in to the US.

Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

no, that isn't true at all.

bold claim there, snapper, you might want to work on that one.

facts? do you even care about what that means?

Reactions: interchange

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

The East German border guards support you!

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017

Please don't take offence to this question but do you huff paint?

ecogen

Golden Member
Dec 24, 2016
@pcgeek11

I have no problem with people disagreeing with me, but when they do I expect them to elaborate. Especially when disagreeing with pretty basic stuff.

If you're gonna claim something is a fact you might wanna back it up.

This is just me asking for a source on your claim, I don't see much to disagree with here.

You're also forgetting the value for money side of the issue. A wall is a very very expensive way to tackle the problem of illegal border crossings which isn't even the number one method of illegally getting in to the US.

Wall cost 25 billion estimate, not to mention eminent domain issues, legal troubles, maintenance etc.

There are still ongoing cases about eminent domain issues that the fence caused. NPR article

Of the more than 300 eminent cases brought in south Texas over those fences, 90 are still pending, Olivares said. The cases, which NPR documented in February, were given to one judge in Brownsville.

Illegal entry methods + some tidbits on wall cost. Basically states that overstays outnumber illegal crossings by a hefty margin.

So, now I would appreciate if you explained with which of the above you disagree with.