I didn’t see this coming bob saget dead at 65

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Very suspicious. Aren't hotel deaths almost always drugs when its celebrities involved?

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Very sad. Hated Full House with a passion, but loved his unofficial status as the dirtiest joker ever, all his side stuff.

I heard that losing Norm McDonald was especially rough for him, really broke his heart. I wonder if grief played a role.

RIP Bobby

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I still remember his version of "The Aristocrats" joke from the Aristocrats movie. Probably the dirtiest but also the funniest, and it was extra-special to hear it from the guy so closely associated with squeaky-clean TV comedy.

Also, AFHV was effectively YouTube long before YouTube existed. He was a tech pioneer that way!

Definitely gone too soon. I'm just glad that he got to go on tour one last time.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Honestly surprised he lasted this long. Comedians with as many demons as he had don't have a long shelf life.

Yeah he said he’s been sober for a while, but being on the road on tour can trigger the urge. Cops said they didn’t find anything at the scene but he could’ve injected some shit somewhere else. We’ll see what the tox report shows. Just as likely it could be heart disease, America’s #1 killer.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Yeah he said he’s been sober for a while, but being on the road on tour can trigger the urge. Cops said they didn’t find anything at the scene but he could’ve injected some shit somewhere else. We’ll see what the tox report shows. Just as likely it could be heart disease, America’s #1 killer.

TBH, this is just another tragic reminder that life is very very short. And, the people who grew up with Bob Saget and are around his age they might be a little nervous. It's a reminder that none of us are immortal. It was the same when Luke Perry died from heart disease a few years ago. Anyway, Bob lived a good life. He got to do exactly what he wanted.

I'm with you. It was probably heart disease.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Honestly surprised he lasted this long. Comedians with as many demons as he had don't have a long shelf life.
The old hacks seemed to have lived forever though. Milton Berle, Red Buttons, Henny Youngman.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Looks like he fell, hit the back of his head, thought he was okay, went to bed and died in his sleep. The injury is not unlike that of Natasha Henderson, Liam Neeson's wife. She fell, hit her head on packed snow, thought she was okay and then died from a brain bleed.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Looks like he fell, hit the back of his head, thought he was okay, went to bed and died in his sleep. The injury is not unlike that of Natasha Henderson, Liam Neeson's wife. She fell, hit her head on packed snow, thought she was okay and then died from a brain bleed.

Deaths like that are tragic and more than a little scary. It was probably just a slip or some other blink-and-you'll-miss-it head bump.

Think it's safe to say that we should never take significant head collisions lightly. If it was violent, really hurt or produced other symptoms... get it checked out as soon as possible.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Deaths like that are tragic and more than a little scary. It was probably just a slip or some other blink-and-you'll-miss-it head bump.

Think it's safe to say that we should never take significant head collisions lightly. If it was violent, really hurt or produced other symptoms... get it checked out as soon as possible.
Falling down becomes a big problem when you get older. Need to keep those balance muscles working. Walk, do something.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Falling down becomes a big problem when you get older. Need to keep those balance muscles working. Walk, do something.

For sure. The scary thing is that it might not even have been something like that, just a seemingly innocuous blow that hit harder than Saget realized.

Reactions: hal2kilo
Nov 17, 2019
Do you agree with the original assessment?

Supposedly there are multiple skull fractures and the family has filed suit to suppress at least some information.

Yes, slips and fall deaths are quite common, but do they result in such head trauma?

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Do you agree with the original assessment?

Supposedly there are multiple skull fractures and the family has filed suit to suppress at least some information.

Yes, slips and fall deaths are quite common, but do they result in such head trauma?
Maybe he has a bad case of Osteoporosis. Just seems like an awful lot a damage.

Reactions: Pohemi

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
I am not going to speculate because the man has passed.

But Bob Saget does seem to have suffered a lot of skull damage from supposedly just a slip and a fall.

Reactions: Pohemi and hal2kilo

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
I am not going to speculate because the man has passed.

But Bob Saget does seem to have suffered a lot of skull damage from supposedly just a slip and a fall.
“I’m not going to speculate…now watch me not-speculate…”

The fact is Saget wasn’t twenty or even in his fourties but mid-sixties where osteoporosis is a definite problem. 65 is “elderly” and fractures are a danger for us that age. Doesn’t take much to fracture a hip, skull, etc. My wife plateau fx’d her tibia with a mediocre not-so-hard bump from a 45# dog’s butt. Shit happens.