I crashed a plane

benzylic

Golden Member
Jun 12, 2006
Apparently when you push in on the yoke the plane goes down

PIC!

Basically there is some front damage and a little damage to the cockpit. Plus I scraped up the bottom. I didn't have it insured, hell I dont even have a pilots license. How much do you think this will cost out of my pocket, a grand? 2 grand? maybe it will buff right out?
;)

Dumbest.

esquared
Anandtech Senior Moderator

Sumguy

Golden Member
Jun 2, 2007
Originally posted by: mxrider
Apparently when you push in on the yoke the plane goes down

PIC!

Basically there is some front damage and a little damage to the cockpit. Plus I scraped up the bottom. I didn't have it insured, hell I dont even have a pilots license. How much do you think this will cost out of my pocket, a grand? 2 grand? maybe it will buff right out?
;)

You only had PIP on your expensive commercial jet?

WTF man!?

/badparody

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
What was the original thread? I read the crane one, but I guess that was another parody.

benzylic

Golden Member
Jun 12, 2006
Originally posted by: Sumguy
You only had PIP on your expensive commercial jet?

I was raised to believe that insurance is a waste of money. Generally speaking, it is. Even when they pay up, they just raise your premium so you end up losing even more in the long run.

I'd gladly pay a couple of grand out of my pocket. I save thousands by not having insurance each year. I did a few quotes for full coverage and it was rapage given my age and the type of plane. This isn't my only plane, I have a f-16 and an old cessna 150. I use this mainly on my days off and weekends.

In the past 5 years I probably saved over 10-12 grand alone doing the no insurance thing. If you can afford to pay your plane in full go with no insurance no matter what plane you buy (unless it's a REALLY exotic, expensive stealth bomber or a MiG or something)

I'm not asian and I was flying pushed the yoke forward and that made it go down. The plane is pretty twitchy and kaboom. The damage is there but it's not really noticeable in the pic. the front is kinda messed up, and so is the landing gear and the left engine is kinda wobbly. The plane is like made of plastic probably so a lot of stuff just sprung back into place.
;)