I can't stand the stupid curved edge screen on my Samsung. What am I doing wrong?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Gotta agree with OP. I had the S7 edge and it drove me bonkers. The screen looked amazing but it wasn't practical. Bezel-less monitors can be good. Bezel-less mobile devices are not so good.
If it drove you bonkers, why the hell did you get it in the first place?

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I haven't used a screen protector with my S7 Edge/S8+/S10 because I've always had a case like this that covers the screen:
71mpi6yQAWL._SL1000_.jpg

Although this one for my S10 is a bit thicker than I'd like so I've ordered a Skinomi protector set and am gonna try that and decide what I wanna do. I put a screen protector on my Kindle Fire from Skinomi and think they have a pretty good product. Some people may not like the "soft" type feel of their protectors but it doesn't bother me (it's not like a glass surface).

I kinda hope the Skinomi works well cause I'd rather go without the big case I've gone with for years. The phones are so nice looking it's a shame you gotta cover the goddamn things up with a case for the one or two times in its lifetime you drop them and crack the screen or something.

LOL.. I was just thinking of getting an S10+ and going naked with the S10+ since its so beautiful, but guess what happened.. I dropped my s7 on concrete and was amazed that the leather wallet casing did its job.. no cracks, no scuffs, no dents.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I touch my edges all the time for the same effect as the OP, however, I like to use them to scroll down long lists so I leave them on.

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
LOL.. I was just thinking of getting an S10+ and going naked with the S10+ since its so beautiful, but guess what happened.. I dropped my s7 on concrete and was amazed that the leather wallet casing did its job.. no cracks, no scuffs, no dents.
My new phone has curved edges but the only issue I had with that was the case selection. Bumper cases just didn't have a big enough "lip" to protect the edge of the screen so I bought a flip cover case, already saved the phone once.

Sep 29, 2004
Since most people don't go naked, the case on old-style phones makes for a double bezel.

What?

People havn't figured out thatscreen protectors and cases are just a gimic to get more money out of your pockets yet?

On year 3 of my phone and countless drops. No cracked screen and it still works. Somehow did scratch hte screen but I don't care. When it dies I do not care. I'll jsut replace it with a new $250 smartphone. Whcih leads me to, why are people wasting their money on smartphones? God $300 gets you all you need.