I can't believe Hillary won in TX

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: M0RPH
Originally posted by: Robor

No democrat won either of those states so FFS stop posting that crap.

I beg to differ. She did win the election:

Clinton 50%

Obama 33%

Edwards 14%

She may not have won the delegates, but she did win the election that took place. And whether you like it or not, one way or another FL voters are going to get their votes counted. It may be a revote, but Clinton is in a position now to do nearly as well in a revote that she did in the first vote.

As for Michigan, if Obama had not been such a coward and had put his name on the ballot, then we'd have a better picture for there. Even if you give him ALL of the uncommitted votes he's a loser there. We should see a revote there and I don't expect the results to be much different from Ohio. Clinton should win handily.

The election was a farce... 'Cast your ballot. Make your vote count!' Or not count toward anything.

Anyway, what makes you so sure Clinton would win big in one or both states given that they were done a long time ago (before Obama picked up momentum) and they didn't campaign in them?

Xylitol

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2005
Originally posted by: Starbuck1975
Never underestimate the power of voter ignorance.

go to www.conwayandwhitman.com and download last night's podcast. People from 18-35 called in and told who they were voting for and why. Most of them said they were voting for Obama because of his policies, and they couldn't say WHAT his policies did.

I wish I were 18 to cancel out retards

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Xylitol

go to www.conwayandwhitman.com and download last night's podcast. People from 18-35 called in and told who they were voting for and why. Most of them said they were voting for Obama because of his policies, and they couldn't say WHAT his policies did.

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Have you guys been following the latest news at all?

She has a strong possibility of losing Texas. She barely won the primaries by a 2% margin, but she might lose the caucuses by 10%. The caucuses count for 1/3rd of the delegates. Also, Texas awards urban areas with more delegates; areas that Obama won.

Obama has a strong chance of coming out of Texas with more delegates than Hillary (pending caucus results that are still being counted).

I'll repeat this from another thread. Caucauses are complete and utter bullsh*t and Texas proves that quite clearly.

Texas just shows how skewed the caucus system is in all of these states. You take the same group of potential voters, in the TX primary they vote for Clinton by 3%, while caucas results are showing Obama winning by 12%.

Sure, Obama has more zealous supporters who are willing to put up with the oddities of the caucus system. As you can see from Texas though, it is NOT representative of the gerneral populace of voters. It's a shame really that the election system in this country is so F*D up.

Give voters a full day to come in at their convenience, cast their vote anonymously in a voting booth and then go home. This is how voting is supposed to work. Caucases need to be a thing of the past.

you mean primaries are bullshit because they make people in urban areas wait 3 hours to vote?

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: miketheidiot
you mean primaries are bullshit because they make people in urban areas wait 3 hours to vote?
It's only 3 hours if they have enough ballots printed up. Ohio had some issues with ballot shortages in Obama strongholds.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

It's called an information shortcut. Read The Reasoning Voter by Sam Popkin and it will explain everything to you. While those people cannot explain Obama's policies to you, more often then not they will end up agreeing with most of them when they learn what they are.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004

its not like hillary supporters really know what they are supporting either, other than that she has 'experience'.

M0RPH

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003
Originally posted by: Vic

I think you missed his point, or avoided it? We all know he has policies, but these young voters don't know what they are... they're voting for him because it's the cool thing to do at the moment.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

I think you missed his point, or avoided it? We all know he has policies, but these young voters don't know what they are... they're voting for him because it's the cool thing to do at the moment.

So... ? This has been addressed. Over and over again. Obama has clear and well-defined stances on the issues. Anything but vague. His supporters not only know this, but are enthusiastic about it.

Think of it this way. How many people do you know who are staunch evolution theory supporters but couldn't tell you the actual science behind it if asked? I think most of OT falls into this category. Do you suppose that they'd become creationists if the science was explained to them? Of course not, yet that is essentially what you're arguing.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Robor

No democrat won either of those states so FFS stop posting that crap.

I beg to differ. She did win the election:

Clinton 50%

Obama 33%

Edwards 14%

She may not have won the delegates, but she did win the election that took place. And whether you like it or not, one way or another FL voters are going to get their votes counted. It may be a revote, but Clinton is in a position now to do nearly as well in a revote that she did in the first vote.

As for Michigan, if Obama had not been such a coward and had put his name on the ballot, then we'd have a better picture for there. Even if you give him ALL of the uncommitted votes he's a loser there. We should see a revote there and I don't expect the results to be much different from Ohio. Clinton should win handily.

Morph,

I can appreciate your devotion and support of HRC. But posts like this make it difficult for me to take you seriously.

Given all that's transpired you still express belief that campaining won't move the numbers?

I believe upon the re-vote (which I fully expect will happen) we'll just end up another "Super Tuesday" thing where after all the smoke and fury (not to mention about $100M) we'll be left with a meaningless small handful of elected delegates going to one or the other.

Obama was a coward for taking his name off the ballot in accordance with agreement? God Lord. :roll:

Fern

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Fern

Obama is most likely going to get more delegates from TX than Hillary.

All-in-all, the whole thing last night looks to be another draw. It'll probrably be a few days before it's all figured out, but so far I'm hearing it ended up with one candidate or the other gaining just 2 or 3 delegates.

This race is rapidily running out of "road". Obama is gonna end up with 100 or so delegate lead at the convention and we'll have to see what the super delegates do.

As usual you miss the whole point. Hillary wins nearly all of the biggest states and the key battleground states like Ohio, Michigan and Florida. She has proven she has a better chance of beating McCain.

Hehe, the "whole point". Shoulda said the "only point".

Hillary and her supporters are promoting this because it's all she's got left.

Not too long ago Hillary and her campaign said it was "all about the elected delegates".

Now that she can't win that battle so it's on to something, anything, else.

I continue to insist that the "whole point" is that Obama is going into the convention with an elected delegate lead (a lead no too long ago considered more than substantial) and we'll see how the super delegates react.

How they react under these circumstances is the "Whole point".

It has the potential to affect the gen election and the Dem party for a long time to come.

Fern

If she loses the sups she will go to the Supreme Court. Their record tells you they would pick her.

M0RPH

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003

Given all that's transpired you still express belief that campaining won't move the numbers?

I believe upon the re-vote (which I fully expect will happen) we'll just end up another "Super Tuesday" thing where after all the smoke and fury (not to mention about $100M) we'll be left with a meaningless small handful of elected delegates going to one or the other.

Obama was a coward for taking his name off the ballot in accordance with agreement? God Lord. :roll:

Fern

<SIGH>

Neither candidate campaigned in FL for the first vote. If for the second vote both get to campaign, why do you ASSume that Obama's campaign will be so much more effective than Hillary's? This is clearly your bias talking.

There was never any agreement that they not put their names on the ballot, the agreement was that they could not campaign. Obama decided, for strategic reasons, not to put his name on the ballot and give his supporters in Michigan a chance to vote for him, even if it was only for symbolic support.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004

*insert comment about senile voters going for hillary because she makes them feel less old*

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: scott
I'd bet anything she did NOT win.

Nothing a little ballot box stuffing and payoffs for vote count fudging won't fix.

I sincerely believe that's how she survived New Hampshire too; otherwise she would've flunked out of contention long ago. Pre-voting and exit polls convincingly showed that Obama almost certainly pulled the most votes in NH, but surprise surprise, Hillary miraculously "won" there anyway.

The slimy, cocain-smuggling, heinous criminal-pardoning, gifting secret US technology to China in reciprocation for donations, Clintons' reservoir of dirty tricks is deep and very dark. They are truly evil people through and through.

Maybe Rockefeller assured Hillary the presidency before the campaign began, and this campaign road show is just a staged show for the people. Clearly there is manipulation: an item of patently obvious evidence is the cutout of Ron Paul from media coverage.

i have some spare tinfoil, would you like some?

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Originally posted by: scott
I'd bet anything she did NOT win.

Nothing a little ballot box stuffing and payoffs for vote count fudging won't fix.

I sincerely believe that's how she survived New Hampshire too; otherwise she would've flunked out of contention long ago. Pre-voting and exit polls convincingly showed that Obama almost certainly pulled the most votes in NH, but surprise surprise, Hillary miraculously "won" there anyway.

The slimy, cocain-smuggling, heinous criminal-pardoning, gifting secret US technology to China in reciprocation for donations, Clintons' reservoir of dirty tricks is deep and very dark. They are truly evil people through and through.

Maybe Rockefeller assured Hillary the presidency before the campaign began, and this campaign road show is just a staged show for the people. Clearly there is manipulation: an item of patently obvious evidence is the cutout of Ron Paul from media coverage.

Wow. You believe in the 9/11 Conspiracy too I bet.