I Broke my iPod Mini and I Fixed It

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

iwearnosox

Lifer
Oct 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Chiropteran
Originally posted by: Sifl
How about you just unplug your computer from the wall and we call it even?

My computer isn't plugged into the wall.

Alternatively you could put a fork in the socket, it would have the same outcome, at least on my end.

gunblade

Golden Member
Nov 18, 2002
I was expecting some first hand interior picture of the mini ipod and the picture confirmation that it is the Hitachi 4gb microdirve inside together with some illustration about the internal working of mini ipod.

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
Originally posted by: Sifl

Alternatively you could put a fork in the socket, it would have the same outcome, at least on my end.

That almost sounds mean but I can tell by your cute cow avatar that you would never seriously intend harm on a fellow ATOTer :)

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
Originally posted by: gunblade
I was expecting some first hand interior picture of the mini ipod and the picture confirmation that it is the Hitachi 4gb microdirve inside together with some illustration about the internal working of mini ipod.

Here you go!

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Don_Vito
Yeah, I have never really warmed to iTunes. EphPod is great though.

I was willing to give iTunes a chance but it was constantly locking up and I couldn't even kill it with task manager and restart it, I had to reboot my computer completely. EphPod to the rescue.

Then I blame your computer since it works great on every system I've installed it on:):p

kami333

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2001
Originally posted by: gunblade

Here you go!

That's just an iPod.

Feb 10, 2000
Originally posted by: NutBucket
Originally posted by: Don_Vito
Yeah, I have never really warmed to iTunes. EphPod is great though.

I was willing to give iTunes a chance but it was constantly locking up and I couldn't even kill it with task manager and restart it, I had to reboot my computer completely. EphPod to the rescue.

Then I blame your computer since it works great on every system I've installed it on:):p

I never had any technical problems with it, I just don't like having to keep all my MP3s on my PC. I mostly just rip them, transfer them to the iPod, and delete 'em. The first time I installed iTunes, it sync'ed my iPod to my PC by deleting all of the 8.5 GB of MP3s on the iPod. D'oh! Ephpod is simple, clean, and effective, so that's what I use.

RichieZ

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2000
well if you started up the ipod mini you would see the firmware says 1.0 so those firmware updates don't really make sense.

mine is blue btw. used to have a 10G 3rd gen but i found i really only use like 5 gigs, so 4 is almsot enough.

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
Originally posted by: RichieZ
well if you started up the ipod mini you would see the firmware says 1.0 so those firmware updates don't really make sense.

mine is blue btw. used to have a 10G 3rd gen but i found i really only use like 5 gigs, so 4 is almsot enough.

Blue would have been my second choice. I would really go for black if it was an option, or a gray to match my GLI.

Oh well.

And 4GB is plenty, I agree. It's easy enough to change it around so you don't need to hold your whole music collection on it, and the tiny physical size is great.