I bought my tickets for DAWN OF THE DEAD...

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
Originally posted by: PanzerIV
Woo hooo...I hope I have time to see it tomorrow night with the family.

I forced all my friends to buy their tickets early.
The ten minute clip really pumped me up.

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
Originally posted by: krunchykrome
Originally posted by: PanzerIV
Woo hooo...I hope I have time to see it tomorrow night with the family.

I forced all my friends to buy their tickets early.
The ten minute clip really pumped me up.

Agreed. I saw the clip too. ;)

Lounatik

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
What 10 minute clip?

USA network aired the first 10 minutes of the movie during the movie "Final Destination" on Monday night. They showed the clip uncensored around 20 minutes before the end of Final Destination.

Nice semi-nekkid shower scene and a nice hickey for the gentleman in row number 2!

Is it me or did it seem to have a few unintentional funny scenes? Man getting plowed by ambulance and the zombies doing the sprint after the neighbors seemed funny to me. Don't forget though that the original DotD was camp to the extreme. I hope this one can snicker at itself too.

Peace

Lounatik

MeanMeosh

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2001
i got two free passes, but didn't go cause noone's in town due to spring break... i didn't feel like going to a movie alone.

DeadByDawn

Platinum Member
Dec 22, 2003
My wife and I are going out tonight and I told her that we were going to see this movie. She says that she doesn't want to see a zombie movie tonight. This sucks. Wife vs. Dawn of the Dead, tough choice..... :D

sadb0i

Golden Member
Mar 2, 2001
having a "meet" with other online people to go watch this sat night. its gonna be fun

although im betting we get kicked out because one of the members going is just CRAZY.

:D

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
I'll be seeing it sunday night, hopefully when other people arent so I wont have a problem getting in.

ThaPerculator

Golden Member
May 11, 2001
This movie is gonna rule... I was hyped even before the 10-minute clip, which definately was above expectations... the movie looks like its directed sweet, and I dug the overhead "GTA 1/2" style views of the car driving around the city going nuts...

royaldank

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2001
Does anyone know if it still has the scene where somebody is getting their blood pressure taken and a zombie rips them away from the machine with their arm still in it? That was probably my favorite scene of the original. What a great movie.

Lounatik

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
I've read a few reviews from RT.com and I'm glad to see that the flick does indeed keep its dark sense of humor. Cool, gotta see it now.

Peace

Lounatik

Originally posted by: DeadByDawn
My wife and I are going out tonight and I told her that we were going to see this movie. She says that she doesn't want to see a zombie movie tonight. This sucks. Wife vs. Dawn of the Dead, tough choice..... :D
I am dragging my gf. The original DotD was my favorite movie as a kid, I am not missing this one. She might be pissed because the first movie I dragged her too was Kill Bill. Something tells me I will be seeing a ton of romantic comedies soon to make up for it :(

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Just got back from a matinee a while ago and this movie is freakin entertaining! Best zombie movie I've seen, even tops 28 Days Later IMO. Everything that makes a good horror movie: lots of gore and cool kills, lots of scary/jumpy moments, hot chicks, and humor.

I'll be seeing it again!!! Oh and stay for the closing credits all the way through. Gotta feel sorry for the idiots who jump up and leave as soon as the screen goes black.

ohtwell

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I don't think I'll ever see this movie! I hope you think it's good though! :D

: ) Amanda

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
Got back a few hours ago from seeing this flick and I enjoyed it. No, it's not the best movie I've seen and I don't know that I could rate it better than 28 Days, but I did not regret seeing it. It had it's gory, campy and humurous moments. I'll see it again on video no doubt. Here is a hint: DON'T LEAVE UNTIL YOU'VE WATCHED THE CREDITS!

To those who will be seeing it this weekend have fun! :D