I am sooooo jealous

Sideswipe001

Golden Member
May 23, 2003
I just went shopping with one of my friends for a new case, and this is the one he picked up:

Linky to clear case

It's 100% see through. He also picked up 5 case fans for it - one on the bottom, 2 on the side, one on top and one by the CPU. He has it blowing in on the bottom and on the side, and out on the top and by the CPU. All the fans are blue LEDs.

The best part though, is he has the computer right next to the A/C duct in his house. He rigged a little tube to forward the air conditioned air directly to his intake fan at the bottom. Right now, the air in his case is a nice, cool, 61 F.

He's getting a 1700+ soon and a new heatsink...should be able to overclock that thing like mad!

Zepper

Elite Member
May 1, 2001
S/he will be sorry - be glad it wasn't you. Very difficult to assemble, poor cooling, impossible to keep clean (check the reviews around the web)... IOW, totally impractical for daily use.
.bh.
:sun: !

EeyoreX

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Personally, I don't like all acrylic cases. Too many fingerprints to clean ;) I'd also have your friend watch the case, as condensation may become an issue with cold air blowing into the PC. Maybe it's not cold enough to condense on the hot components, and he doesn't seem to be blowing the cold air directly onto the hottest stuff (ie CPU) so maybe that is a non issue. Let us know how that turns out!

\Dan

Vonkhan

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
clear cases are a headache to maintain - u gotta clean them all the time otherwise they look like sh!t

cooling sucks ... an a/c will definately cause condensation

if anything breaks, its hard to get replacements w/o paying $$$z

Apr 17, 2003
i was about to get an acrylic case but they are real easy to stratch, a pain in the @$$ to clean, and you cant hide wires

GnomeCop

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2002
damn I can't even deal with cleaning an acrylic window on a side panel much less a an entire case made of it.

hahah damn I'm lazy.

Thats why I have a black case.

Wuzup101

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2002
Originally posted by: GnomeCop
damn I can't even deal with cleaning an acrylic window on a side panel much less a an entire case made of it.

hahah damn I'm lazy.

Thats why I have a black case.

Damn Right!

Seriously can you imagine cleaning that thing. You would almost have to strip all the components just to clean it. Anything not perfectly clean would make it look like ish. I personally would never get one. I'll stick with my Lian Li pc61-usb (black of course)

huesmann

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 1999
Originally posted by: EeyoreX
Personally, I don't like all acrylic cases. Too many fingerprints to clean ;) I'd also have your friend watch the case, as condensation may become an issue with cold air blowing into the PC. Maybe it's not cold enough to condense on the hot components, and he doesn't seem to be blowing the cold air directly onto the hottest stuff (ie CPU) so maybe that is a non issue. Let us know how that turns out!
Hey, at least with the acrylic case he'll be able to see the condensation inside without having to open the case! :)