I am so bored at work

Keego

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2000
I'm actually working, and I'm bored out of my mind... this is sad. Where's Brukstend or whatever with the jokes :D

SaintGRW

Golden Member
Oct 14, 2001
ok, get this, i found an add in the newspaper for a data entry position, so the temp agency hired me and told me to start monday, well it's thursday for the last 4 hours i've been surfing AT, as i have been surfing it since monday, i've done a total of 1 hours work in the last 4 days....should i feel bad about this?

and i too am bored at work..LUNCH TIME!

Keego

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: SaintGRW
ok, get this, i found an add in the newspaper for a data entry position, so the temp agency hired me and told me to start monday, well it's thursday for the last 4 hours i've been surfing AT, as i have been surfing it since monday, i've done a total of 1 hours work in the last 4 days....should i feel bad about this?

and i too am bored at work..LUNCH TIME!

do you have work you could be doing? if so, I would feel bad!

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
i'm bored and theres nothing i can do about it. other than post here, that is.

SaintGRW

Golden Member
Oct 14, 2001
no, i keep asking and they are like yeah i'll find you something to do and i'll let you know in like a half hour, 2 hours later, you can just hang out for a bit til we get you something to do...etc.... i feel bad anyways...anyone think i should?

shmepti

Nov 30, 1999
I think ive got you beat SaintGRW. Im at my summer internship right now. About three weeks ago, they ran out of assignments for me. So basically, I have done nothing but read stuff on the internet for 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week, for 3 weeks. It is so incredibly boring. Unbelievable. I get maybe 5 minutes of work, 2 times a week. Im glad Im stopping this tomorrow to go back to school.

Maverick

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
ditto...I got work some work but I'm dragging it out since it won't take me long. I just have a 2 hour meeting today and I'm done after 4. Then its off to go buy Battlefield 1942.

SaintGRW

Golden Member
Oct 14, 2001
i'm just hired thru a temp agency i'm afraid they might say something bad to the temp agency cause i'm on the forum and aim express all day?? but other employee's have trillian so i don't think aim express matters, but i'm afraid they might give bad feedback to the temp agency. even though i have NOTHING to do for 2 weeks til they train me for the catalog update

Keego

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2000
I'm getting "laid off" in 2 weeks to go back to school, I must say, intern $ rocks :D

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Kyguy
I'm getting "laid off" in 2 weeks to go back to school, I must say, intern $ rocks :D

school doest start for 2 mre weeks?! thats crazy, i've been in school for almost 4 weeks now

shmepti

Nov 30, 1999
Yeah, I dont start til the 26th. Its so nice starting late. And i must agree that intern $ is pretty damn good.

lilFajita

Golden Member
Aug 2, 2002
Originally posted by: Kyguy

ahhh, I miss internships: even if it sucked, you knew the end was near.

Anyway, being bored because you have nothing to do is much better than being bored with your work. If you just need to get something to do, then at least you have hope of it improving ;)