I am an Uncle again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
My sister had twin boys last week. They are healthy fraternal twins.

This makes 4 kids for my sister. Needless to say my sister is a little stressed out, but she is holding up.

She had to go and get a minivan to replace her CRV to haul the kids around.

I have been joking with her about being a soccer mom now.

:awe:

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Glad to hear the kids are ok.

OP, are you familiar with "postpartum depression"? If not, I suggest you read up on it, and learn what the warning signs are. Not that your sister has postpartum depression, but a lot of women develop it.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Glad to hear the kids are ok.

OP, are you familiar with "postpartum depression"? If not, I suggest you read up on it, and learn what the warning signs are. Not that your sister has postpartum depression, but a lot of women develop it.
we'll just have to wait and see. My mother never had it, so hopefully my sister doesn't either.

Jun 27, 2005
Congrats... but when did you stop being an uncle? Did you get time off for good behavior or something?

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
Time to get your sisters husband the old snip.

Remind her it's not a clown car down there. :p

nanette1985

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2005
Congrats. Awesome to hear that the boys are okay. Did she have surgery? That's a lot to deal with even without a C-section. I babysat my daughter's 2 toddlers plus my cousin's toddler twins the other day and I thought I was going to die, they ran me into the ground. And I got to go home and sleep at the end of it - I feel for your sister!

Props and good wishes all around.

Edit - if you REALLY want to annoy her, kid her about having one more so that she'll have a basketball team. That used to really bug me - I'm a mother of 4.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.