I am a non gamer, suggest me a good card.

kudilkrishna

Jan 19, 2010
hi all

This is my first post.

Plz suggest me a good card for heavy appz like 3d ( maya ) and 2d ( photoshop ) and other video editing softwares.

Budget around Rs 5,000. around ( 100$ )

I never play games ( never )

my specs are
i7-920 and Gigabyte UD3R

thanks in advance

Last edited:

blanketyblank

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2007
$100 won't get you anything that will accelerate photoshop since the professional cards that do that are pricy, but you may be able to get something that helps with the 3d apps. Look at some of the older professional cards firegl etc... (might find one in your budget) or alternatively just search for cards with lots of RAM preferrably faster than gddr3.

nosfe

Aug 8, 2007
$100 won't get you anything that will accelerate photoshop since the professional cards that do that are pricy, but you may be able to get something that helps with the 3d apps. Look at some of the older professional cards firegl etc... (might find one in your budget) or alternatively just search for cards with lots of RAM preferrably faster than gddr3.

wrong, Photoshop uses OpenGL so any recent desktop card will work (the requirements are OpenGL 2.0, Shader Model 3.0 and preferably a minimum of 256mb of vram)

Udgnim

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2008
5670 for possible 3 monitor support

unfortunately, don't know which cards run better for apps like Maya and Photoshop

tweakboy

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2010
www.hammiestudios.com
I say get a 8800 GT for 60 to 80 bones. You will have a great video card even though you dont game,,, still the new windows GUI uses dx so if its fast things smoother..thanks jd..

ther00kie16

Golden Member
Mar 28, 2008
if you are looking into gpu acceleration support that requires quadro cards, try looking for a geforce that can be soft-modded into a quadro. the g80 8800gts/gtx series were the last ones capable of being modded with some reports of success with the later g92 8800gt/gts. a safe bet may be the radeon 4870 but that may be out of your price range.

boran

Golden Member
Jun 17, 2001
You've never in your life seen another currency? "Cleaned up?" I mean really get your head out of that hole.

I'm sorry, I did not see the Rs indicating currency.
And yes I have seen many currencies before, such as Fl, BEF, EUR, FFR etc (I lived in europe before the euro) I was just asking for some more info since I didnt see it, the clearing up did increase the value of the responses I'd think.