I admit it. I support the ideology behind the Nazis

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Stop feeding the troll, people. Make him leave the basement and get some real human attention, instead of this.

Your posts in this thread have been very constructive and productive. Try to hit another one out of the park, champ.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Many would disagree with you
Yep there are many compounds in the backwoods of Kentucky and Alabama that are full of individuals who's disagree with me

but that's your opinion and I'm sure you value it greatly.
Not so much that it can't be changed with a well thought out and convincing argument to the contrary which you have yet to give.

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007
Red Dawn,

You probably know this, but just as an arguement about why Nazi's could be considered good, we imported Nazi's (as did many countries) after WWII for their scientific knowledge.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Yep there are many compounds in the backwoods of Kentucky and Alabama that are full of individuals who's disagree with me

Not so much that it can't be changed with a well thought out and convincing argument to the contrary which you have yet to give.

The thread is about the ideology behind the Nazis, not Nazi ideology. It is an ideology that predated the Nazis and was popular in Germany in the early parts of the 20th Century. It even has a fan in the White House, amongst others.

I knew I would get responses like this but not from you.

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
we imported Nazi's (as did many countries) after WWII for their scientific knowledge.
Not really all that sure "many" countries imported (for lack of a better term) nazis; you may want to consider that far from all Germans, even far from a majority of Germans actually, were nazis. The nazi party only received low 30s percent of votes in the last elections; Hitler wasn't voted into power, he was made chancellor by that whatsisname Hindenburg fellow, and then he abolished parliamentary democracy.

That would logically hold true for scientists as well, I would think. Not all of them were nazis, even though they may have been members of the nazi party, held ranks in the military and so on. You just don't say no to those kind of people when they come asking you to join their ranks...

LumbergTech

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2005
To sum up his philosophy he was a strong supporter of strength. He believed in collectivism, aggression, and strong leadership. He believed that the strong should prosper while the weak should be allowed to wither away. This differs with our modern world where the strong have to apologize for being strong, the smart apologize for being smart, and the poor are given benefits which ultimately keeps them poor. Also, in a Nietzschian world, an organization such as the UN would not exist.

the jr. ayn rand fan club i see

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Many would disagree with you but that's your opinion and I'm sure you value it greatly.

I don't see much importance is how much he values his opinion. I would much rather hear what you think the Nazis had that was good. I thought you had some points you wanted to make and debate. Am I to dismiss your opinions if they are some how important to you? Would you have much to say if they weren't?

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
Not that there is anything wrong with that.
...Until you get hit by a drunk driver and become paralyzed from the neck down, for example...

Human civilization didn't rise by people being divided into "strong" and "weak", and the weak being stomped upon by the other group. This is a (very) modern concept, and it isn't workable in reality.

"Strong" is a relative term; what criteria are you measuring from? There's nothing that really says that the human race as a whole would really benefit from furthering some arbitrarily chosen traits. Just look at dog breeding for example, there's hardly any breed that does not suffer from some debilitating or crippling dysfunctions simply because there's no real worth in breeding for short noses or long legs or wrinkly skin or whatever. What happens is you weed out genetic diversity that would otherwise protect the species and leave the defects intact.

The same holds true for mankind as well. Any trait you may want to apply to a "strong" or a "weak" person you will find amongst all parts and layers of society. For example, just because you're extremely wealthy doesn't mean you're the least bit smart, talented, or particulary skilled in anything.

Nietzshe's philosophy is a load of rancid horse bollocks, and so is Ayn Rand's I might add. Fuck 'em both.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
Why would I read something like that when I can go to his source? As I've said before, some of the sayings of Nietzsche were twisted. I said that in the OP so I don't know why you cannot move beyond the word 'Nazi'.

You are claiming you support the ideology behind the nazis and you haven't read a book by its biggest proponent ? Come back when you have done some actual research in the area, not just films.

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007
I only know Rand... haven't read Nietzsche...

Who are you to determine what selfishness means? Selfishness may mean that one gives his life savings to poor people.

What is important is that people are left to their own interests, and that Goverment does not squash man.

"From each, according to their ability, to each according to their need."

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I only know Rand... haven't read Nietzsche...

Who are you to determine what selfishness means? Selfishness may mean that one gives his life savings to poor people.

What is important is that people are left to their own interests, and that Goverment does not squash man.

"From each, according to their ability, to each according to their need."

Nice Rand quote.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

That says not Marx but the New Testament:

The phrase may also find an earlier origin in the New Testament. In Acts 4:32-35, the Apostles lifestyle is described as communal (without individual possession), and uses the phrase "distribution was made unto every man according as he had need"[6]:

“ 32. And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.
33. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.
34. Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
35. And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
You are claiming you support the ideology behind the nazis and you haven't read a book by its biggest proponent ? Come back when you have done some actual research in the area, not just films.

That would be a weak attempt at dismissing one individual via another. Not interested.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
It is funny that you think you are special in that you like Nietzsche's ideas. Hate to break it to you, but millions of privileged elitist teenagers all over the world have the exact same response to his ideals(myself included). You want attention, and you like to idealize yourself as being better than the average moron. Good for you buddy, but know that all strict morally regulated society's breed zealots in power, and when that zealot decides you aren't on his side no amount of nietzche rhetoric will save you.

There are no ubermensch, everyone is corrupted by power.

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
The thread is about the ideology behind the Nazis, not Nazi ideology. It is an ideology that predated the Nazis and was popular in Germany in the early parts of the 20th Century. It even has a fan in the White House, amongst others.

I knew I would get responses like this but not from you.

If you truly believe that Nietzsche is the sole creator of Nazi ideology, than most of what he wrote is completely lost on you. Sure, some of his ideas were hijacked by Hitler, but what Hitler created was a culture of fear, paranoia, and propaganda based on several long-standing myths both within German and European culture. Nietzsche was certainly a component of Nazi ideology, but he was far from the "the source."

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
If you truly believe that Nietzsche is the sole creator of Nazi ideology, than most of what he wrote is completely lost on you. Sure, some of his ideas were hijacked by Hitler, but what Hitler created was a culture of fear, paranoia, and propaganda based on several long-standing myths both within German and European culture. Nietzsche was certainly a component of Nazi ideology, but he was far from the "the source."

I never wrote anywhere that he was 'the sole creator of Nazi ideology'.