I admit it, I enjoy reading P&N

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
I'll be the first to admit that there are pointless fame wars over trivial subjects that make me question humanity at times, but overall there are an incredible amount of intelligent, and well thought out posts that make me think.

I personally cannot stand most TV news shows, especially in the big three..i.e. CNN, Fox, and MSNBC, and find the shows with political commentators arguing about subjects to be much worse than your typical ATPN poster. I can really only stand to watch the local news, or CNN Headline News so I can get a story without two close minded guys yelling at each other at an attempt for good TV.

Otherwise, in P&N I can get access to news stories from various sources, and opinions that I'll either ignore and skip, or insightful, articulate arguments from some of the better posters in the forum.

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
Haha I ventured in there a few times and left with a bleeding rectum.... It's the devil, I tell ya.

imported_Snagle

Golden Member
Sep 28, 2004
For insightful political news and views check out NYTimes.com

I just signed up for TimesSelect last week, it's worth every penny IMO

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Syringer
I'll be the first to admit that there are pointless fame wars over trivial subjects that make me question humanity at times, but overall there are an incredible amount of intelligent, and well thought out posts that make me think.

I personally cannot stand most TV news shows, especially in the big three..i.e. CNN, Fox, and MSNBC, and find the shows with political commentators arguing about subjects to be much worse than your typical ATPN poster. I can really only stand to watch the local news, or CNN Headline News so I can get a story without two close minded guys yelling at each other at an attempt for good TV.

Otherwise, in P&N I can get access to news stories from various sources, and opinions that I'll either ignore and skip, or insightful, articulate arguments from some of the better posters in the forum.

How long before coming to P&N? New Newscast Offers Virtual Anchor, Personalized Content

Watch out Katie Couric, Brian Williams and Charlie Gibson. New technology from researchers at Northwestern University provides individual users with an automated, personalized newscast that is completely virtual, including a virtual anchor based on video game characters.

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
And this thread shows that OT is where the mature members who make grade-A posts go on Anandtech..