I acquired a cactus

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
take a few slices of it and brew up some tea.

post back here with post-consumption results, please.

MiniDoom

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2004
Originally posted by: Anubis
Originally posted by: zinfamous

not the correct kind of cati for that

There are several types of cacti that contain mescaline, but that probably is not one.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
It needs a lot of care. I recommend talking to it several hours a day instead of posting on AT.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
..I planted mine in front of my house. It's growing like crazy and blooms huge white orchid like flowers every spring. Very low maint. just don't over water. They don't like standing in soil that doesn't drain.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Water it about once a week, keep it in the sun. Do NOT over water. I have something like that, a cactus, put by a south facing window and being watered everyday by someone else; it's out of control. It grew about 8 inches in one summer and can't stand up on it's own weight anymore.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Originally posted by: rdubbz420
Originally posted by: Anubis
Originally posted by: zinfamous

not the correct kind of cati for that

There are several types of cacti that contain mescaline, but that probably is not one.

It's definitely not peyote...but my intent was for majuscaxzak to finally provide a valuable service by testing for alternatives.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
Cacti are succulents, so they store all of their water in their "leaves".
You should only water it once every 2-3 weeks, and not very much water when you do.

They will get root rot very easily if you water them too much.

A good guide to tell when to water, it when the green part starts to get just a little "pruny" looking... like your fingers after a long bath.

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
youre going to want to use a sharp scissors to remove all the the spikes, they are quite pointy and can cause much discomfort in bed.

RedArmy

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2005
?I bought a cactus. A week later it died. And I got depressed, because I thought, Damn. I am less nurturing than a desert.?

First thing I thought of

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: RedArmy
?I bought a cactus. A week later it died. And I got depressed, because I thought, Damn. I am less nurturing than a desert.?

First thing I thought of

How the hell can you kill a cactus in a week?

Did you stick it in the microwave or something?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Originally posted by: edro
Cacti are succulents, so they store all of their water in their "leaves".
You should only water it once every 2-3 weeks, and not very much water when you do.

They will get root rot very easily if you water them too much.

A good guide to tell when to water, it when the green part starts to get just a little "pruny" looking... like your fingers after a long bath.

Actually, the leaves on a cactus are the needles. They're efficiently designed to lessen aspiration. (water loss)

RedArmy

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2005
Originally posted by: Nitemare
Originally posted by: RedArmy

First thing I thought of

How the hell can you kill a cactus in a week?

Did you stick it in the microwave or something?

It's a comedy routine. :p