Hypothetical question: Alcohol related

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
An underage friend aged 18-20 asks you to buy alcohol for them, what do you do?

Also, why or why not?

bradruth

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Don't do it.

Edit for the 2nd question: It's against the law. Alcohol does enough damage in the hands of "responsible" adults, so there's no good reason to give it to a less mature person. I don't condone drinking for the purpose of getting drunk at any age, so the fact that it's illegal in this situation just reinforces it even more.

zimu

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2001
wouldn't; unless they're really close. if you get busted, its not the greatest thing in the world- providing alcohol for a minor!

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: zimu
wouldn't; unless they're really close. if you get busted, its not the greatest thing in the world- providing alcohol for a minor!
Know for a fact or just talking sh!t?

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
How good a friend? I'd do it if I knew no one would get hurt or in trouble. I did it New Years day for my underage cousin and his buddies. If anyone got tanked it was me.....threw up 5 times

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Originally posted by: minendo
Originally posted by: zimu
Know for a fact or just talking sh!t?

Been there, done that. Contributing to the delinquency of a minor is fun, unless you get busted ;)

a friend of mine got busted, fine was 500 bucks

if the minor gets in an accident and dies, or kills someone - you're responsible

don't do it unless they're drinking with you or you REALLY trust them

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
If its a friend...sometimes yeah...

Of course, you're question doesn't make much sense here, since you can buy alcohol at 19

crumpet19

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2002
If it is a close friend (i trust them), I will buy it for them only if they drink it at my house (or theirs). My conditions are.. They must be safe. They must not leave the house. I prefer there be other responsible people there to supervise.

I'm 21, btw. My friends had similar guidlines for me when I was underage.

fumbduck

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2001
Yeah I'd do it, only if I knew them REALLY well though, like 1-2+ years of relationship.

Cigarettes though, I sell those to elementary kids.

geckojohn

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2000
I wouldn't do it because you could be held liable for any minor if they get drunk and into trouble. I feel bad, but it's not worth the consequenses. I wouldn't tell on them, i would just tell them that i couldn't buy alcohol for them.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Don't do it..in todays legal environment if something happens or goes wrong because of drunk kids..it could result in a legal judgement against you that will follow you around the rest of yer daze...