Hybrid Distributed Database Computing

allanmartins

Oct 16, 2007
Hi Folks,

I´m new in here, I hope to start posting here from now on, I got o quitte interest in ditributed computing...

Well, does anyone got any experience with Ditributed Database computing? I was wondering to get a couple of ideas for that

Thx
Allan

The Borg

Apr 9, 2006
Welcome Allan, :thumbsup::D

Good bunch of freindly guys here. I don't know anything about DC DB, but there may be others. Enjoy and ask away.

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Welcome to Team Anandtech! :)

I don't know anything about any Distributed Database projects, most of the Distributed Computing projects don't need anything that robust at the client end, which is what we run. Most of the DC projects I know of are CPU intensive, some are memory intensive, but all I know of have few data storage requirements.

The sponsors of the different projects and the server side of things probably do or could benefit from distributed databases.

What specifically were you looking for in Distributed Database computing?

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Welcome Allan :)

Err ,what is Distributed Database computing?:eek: (do you mean literally a distributed database?)

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
My first reaction is "not with my hard drive(s)" but I'll keep an open mind and stayed tuned. :confused:

Welcome to our Distributed Computing Forum, allanmartins. We do not see "1" post often. :D

The Borg

Apr 9, 2006
I would like to know if there is any software (appart from the DFS in Windows Server etc) that can used distributed hard drives. I have quite a few gig attached to each of my crunchers. The idea is to have backups etc on each, but it is quite a mission to remember to do it all.