Hurricane Willa is an Extremely dangerous Category 5

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Meh, I'll worry about climate change when other countries who are 1000x worse than we are start changing. Look at China, they are much, much worse than we are. They had to turn off all of their factories the last time they hosted the Olympics so it wasn't a smogland when people from other country came. We have bigger things to worry about in our country than climate change issues that other countries need to fix first.
Well, China signed the Paris accord, as did the US in 2016. Between the two countries 40% of greenhouse gases are emitted, of course dumb fuc* Trump promptly broke from the Paris accord setting the worst example possible. Really, I'm kinda old at 62 and I don't have any kids, so I have every reason to not give a shi* but I do anyway, I'd hate for future generations to look at us as one of "those" people. We knew about this huge issue and said "F-it"..

DrunkenSano

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2008
China signing anything doesn't mean crap. Even with Trump at the helm, I wouldn't be surprised if China is still dumping toxic stuff into our environment 100x worse than we are.

Reactions: FeuerFrei

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Well, China signed the Paris accord, as did the US in 2016. Between the two countries 40% of greenhouse gases are emitted, of course dumb fuc* Trump promptly broke from the Paris accord setting the worst example possible. Really, I'm kinda old at 62 and I don't have any kids, so I have every reason to not give a shi* but I do anyway, I'd hate for future generations to look at us as one of "those" people. We knew about this huge issue and said "F-it"..

Careful now...you're gonna give us greedy baby boomers a bad name!!

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Careful now...you're gonna give us greedy baby boomers a bad name!!
LOL, speaking of greedy I checked into filing for my SSI early, the results were grim, $1,280 month if I file now before full retirement age. Honestly, I'd do it and go work at Wal-mart as a door greeter or something but then I'd lose my insurance coverage until age 65, kinda too much risky when your this old.