Hundreds of Iraqis Killed in Four-Day Kifl Battle

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lowtech1

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Thraxen
What you are trying to say is that we know better, therefore we impose our value on those that can?t make the decision for themselves

You are totally ignoring the fact that the people of Iraq are in no position to to decide for themselves. Every past rebellion has been put down with brutal violence.
Have you thought that the uprisings were from some of the minorities groups which are not the majority of the people will?

After the Brits created the Middle East they just lump many despot tribes into a country with one ruler, which causes unrest since day one.

After the US overthrown Saddam dictatorship, who (which tribe) is going to run the country & dictate their value over other tribes?

Democracy also mean that the govern body is elected by the people, not by the appointment of a foreign group such as the US.

Also, is the US going to spread its good will to other countries & liberate the people from their oppressors, and just to name a few such as Cambodia, Laos, Indonesia, Pakistan, Chile, Columbia, Bolivia, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, and China?

So far the US position is weak on this instant, because there is no smoking gun to be found, and using the ?Democracy? as a reason for war is hypocrisy thing I ever heard.

It doesn't matter how much your spin doctor is trying to pedal this war, because it seemed to be more and more about money for your administration & their buddies.

Just keep lying to yourself that your government is doing the right thing, and throw yourself in the line of fire just so a few of the rich can benefit from your friend & family blood.

Thraxen

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
Have you thought that the uprisings were from some of the minorities groups which are not the majority of the people will?

Oh I'm sure the majority of the people love living in poverty while the ruling regime gathers millions of dollars from the sale of oil....I'm also sure they love being put to death and hung on street lamps for protesting the government. I bet they are really enjoying being gunned down for trying to get food or leave cities. And I bet many love having their children and familes threated with murder if they don't help fight. Oh yeah, and I bet the Kurds really appreciate being gassed.

lowtech1

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2000

Oh I'm sure the majority of the people love living in poverty while the ruling regime gathers millions of dollars from the sale of oil....I'm also sure they love being put to death and hung on street lamps for protesting the government. I bet they are really enjoying being gunned down for trying to get food or leave cities. And I bet many love having their children and familes threated with murder if they don't help fight. Oh yeah, and I bet the Kurds really appreciate being gassed.
I'm sure the families of those that have died under Saddam rulling isn't happy, but is it mean that the US is going to go to save the rest of the unfortunate that I have mentioned in my last post?

If the US is so concern with the living condition of everyone on this planet, then where were the US during the late 70s to early 80s when Cambodian cried for helps?
Pol Pot mudered 2 millions Cambodian out of the population of 5.5 millions in 5 years.

Thraxen

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
If the US is so concern with the living condition of everyone on this planet, then where were the US during the late 70s to early 80s when Cambodian cried for helps?
\

Oh yes, sheer brilliance here. Here we have the damned if you do and damned if you don't position. The US is damned for getting involved in world affairs and the same damn people turn around and criticize them for not getting involved elsewhere. F**k that! Where is the UN? Everyone blames the US for going agaisnt the UN, so where are they in these other situations? Yeah, doing nothing.

lowtech1

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2000
\

Oh yes, sheer brilliance here. Here we have the damned if you do and damned if you don't position. The US is damned for getting involved in world affairs and the same damn people turn around and criticize them for not getting involved elsewhere. F**k that! Where is the UN? Everyone blames the US for going agaisnt the UN, so where are they in these other situations? Yeah, doing nothing.
Elementary my dear.

It is not damned if you do or damned if you don?t.

It is what my neighbor have that I can take, because not thing is free in this world.