Hundreds of Iraqis Killed in Four-Day Kifl Battle

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: andreasl
That is just beyond silly. Damn media never get anything right

Heh.. He was just reporting what he was told:) If that were true I would like to0 see a video of it...without the Sodomized Fedayeen getting run over by tanks.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
"U.S. officers said fighters in minivans, pick-up trucks and cars drove straight at the oncoming tanks. Others took to canoes, rowing down the river and trying to fix explosives to the main bridge."

They are coming at us with minvans and canoes? I don't know if they are brave or stupid. Can you imagine getting that order as an Iraqi.

Ok....you men....jump into the Chrysler Town & Country and attack that M1A1.....you other men....into the canoe and assault that bridge....as for me....I'll drive the Chevy Silverado headlong into that Bradley.

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
I don't understand how a tank shell would create a vacuum. If it's supposed to be from the shell's passage, I don't think it's even moving enough air to have much of an effect. If it's supposed to be from the air rushing back in after the HE blast, well if bad guys weren't sheltered enough to be protected from air rushing back in I would think the blast would have killed them in the first place. It just sounds made up.

Jmman

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
Sounds like the stories that the Iraqis told about the Warthogs and their Gatling guns firing the DU rounds.....scary stuff......

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: PipBoy
I don't understand how a tank shell would create a vacuum. If it's supposed to be from the shell's passage, I don't think it's even moving enough air to have much of an effect. If it's supposed to be from the air rushing back in after the HE blast, well if bad guys weren't sheltered enough to be protected from air rushing back in I would think the blast would have killed them in the first place. It just sounds made up.

I have read this is what happens when at DU sabot hit another tank. THe people on the inside, get sucked outside.

OFFascist

Jun 10, 2002
I'm pretty skeptical that a tank round flying by can suck people out into where it passed, but I've never worked around 120mm Sabot rnds, so I dont know.

Either way though, its good to know that we killed alot of them.

MadRat

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Suckered them out perhaps, but even a hyper-velocity 120mm round does not suck people out of houses.

If anything the DU rounds are smaller and thinner than most of the other rounds they carry.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: MadRat
Suckered them out perhaps, but even a hyper-velocity 120mm round does not suck people out of houses.

If anything the DU rounds are smaller and thinner than most of the other rounds they carry.
Yeah you are probably right. If it were true it would make Urban Warfare much easier.

Originally posted by: shinerburke
"U.S. officers said fighters in minivans, pick-up trucks and cars drove straight at the oncoming tanks. Others took to canoes, rowing down the river and trying to fix explosives to the main bridge."

They are coming at us with minvans and canoes? I don't know if they are brave or stupid. Can you imagine getting that order as an Iraqi.

Ok....you men....jump into the Chrysler Town & Country and attack that M1A1.....you other men....into the canoe and assault that bridge....as for me....I'll drive the Chevy Silverado headlong into that Bradley.

LOL

drewshin

Golden Member
Dec 14, 1999
cool! sounds like a video game! i like this war! more of this please, it'll be too bad when it's over. they'll be having it stores next year, operation iraqi freedom, first person shootout, complete with dU rounds.

lowtech1

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2000

That is all they got to defend them self.

Same question that you can say about the Scotts & pitch forks that fought against the English knights in armors & steeds. And, why the Polish cavalry would charge the German armor when they were being invaded?

Perhaps, it is an illogical thing to do, but it could be that many of them rather die than be a slave/conquer by the imperialist American.

It just goes to show that this war isn't a popular war & the Iraqis do not want the US to "bail" them out from Saddam.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: lowtech

Same question that you can say about the Scotts & pitch forks that fought against the English knights in armors & steeds. And, why the Polish cavalry would charge the German armor when they were being invaded?

Perhaps, it is an illogical thing to do, but it could be that many of them rather die than be a slave/conquer by the imperialist American.

It just goes to show that this war isn't a popular war & the Iraqis do not want the US to "bail" them out from Saddam.
Wrong.....it just shows that there are people in the country who's very life depends on Saddam maintaining power. As soon as he is gone their protection is up and the common Iraqi will be able to find them and extract revenge for the way they have been treated at the hands of Saddam's death squad goons.

MadRat

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
The UK is really concerned with these slaughterings. If you've paid attention to their press conferences then you'd know that they are doing their best to avoid these situations. They aren't there to kill all of the Iraqi men, they are there to free them. Killing them is more or less failing the overall objectives, hence the quick change in tactics.

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000

Wrong.....it just shows that there are people in the country who's very life depends on Saddam maintaining power. As soon as he is gone their protection is up and the common Iraqi will be able to find them and extract revenge for the way they have been treated at the hands of Saddam's death squad goons.

Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf?

rufruf44

Platinum Member
May 8, 2001

Dang Germans...selling US build vehicles for someone to use for fight against US soldier......

:p

Marshallj

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2003
Originally posted by: PipBoy

Your suspicions are correct, this does not happen. An "old wives tale" in the military. There is no suction with a DU round.

Format C:

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
LMAO Red! I hope this story gets picked up and ran all over the place even though I know it can't be true. Can you imagine the worried conversations that would be held in a lot of dark little bunkers if this got spread around? I also heard a brief snippet today about a weapon we either have or are looking at that relies on sound to produce several different effects. What little I heard was that after being subjected to its effects for several minutes you get a severe case of uncontrollable diarrhea. Fire that thing up for a little while and shoot off a few of these tank rounds and it'd give a whole new meaning to the term shittin'-n-gittin'. :p

lowtech1

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2000

How ironic that we has learn from the past. Less that 100 years ago the western world was colonizing others claiming that they are saving the Godless savages from themselves.

And, now we are using "democracy" as the banner to save the heathen from their dictator.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000

How ironic that we has learn from the past. Less that 100 years ago the western world was colonizing others claiming that they are saving the Godless savages from themselves.

And, now we are using "democracy" as the banner to save the heathen from their dictator.
Tell me again how the Iraqi people would be better off if Saddam were left in power.....

lowtech1

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2000

Tell me again how the Iraqi people would be better off if Saddam were left in power.....
I didn't say that they will be better off with Saddam in power.

Like I have said befor, Saddam is the devil that they know therefore they might prefer to live under his rulling than the Western rule.

Democracy is not for everyone, or at the moment some culture sees it as too imature of a practice, or they simply isn't ready for it.

What morrow high ground do you have to dictate your value to the Iraqi, when democracy is being threatened in your own country?

Is the US going to treat all country equally after this war, and that include liberating 2/3 of other countries on this planet to your way of thinking?

What you are trying to say is that we know better, therefore we impose our value on those that can?t make the decision for themselves. Which is a total hogwash, because every state in your country couldn?t agreed with each other let alone let one tell the other what to do.

The more and more rhetoric that I hear from you, the more and more it sound like imperialist ideal that we thought when out with the collapsed of the British Empire.

Thraxen

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
What you are trying to say is that we know better, therefore we impose our value on those that can?t make the decision for themselves

You are totally ignoring the fact that the people of Iraq are in no position to to decide for themselves. Every past rebellion has been put down with brutal violence.