Hummingbirds - Bird Talk.

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 17, 2019
I've been too busy to really look out for them, but I swear I've heard them whizz (OK, Humm) by a couple of times in recent days, so I need to get the feeders out today. Planned to do it anyways since they usually arrive before the second week of May. I only get the Rubies and no more than six or eight as far as I can tell.

I'm not sure about the nest. It's looking sort of ragged and worse for wear, plus I don't want a place for wasps to take up refuge. I have enough trouble with them.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Just found this on imgur with the title "Goth Hummingbirds"

ahn6syv.jpeg

Nov 17, 2019
I've got Mockingbirds. No idea what they eat since I never see them at feeders with everybody else. But two hang out in the front yard. They'll sit on perches near each other and squawk like crows. Then they'll fly at or near each other, sometimes almost doing some kind of weird mid air dance. I don't know if they like each other, really like each other, or hate each other.

Nov 17, 2019
One out there now that looks very similar, but blue instead of red.

And the Hummers are finally here. I've seen a few today at the feeders.