Humble Bundle monthly sub - question

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
To my understanding, you get a handful of free games plus a mystery game that isn't revealed until you either buy a subscription or the month ends and it's revealed what you missed out on.

Or is the mystery game revealed to everyone (subscribers and non) only at the end of the month?

I ask because $12 is ridiculously cheap for what games they usually offer but not everyone wants the games they are offering, so if a subscriber were to list which games were featured each month, it could help others to get a subscription if the mystery game they are featuring is on someone's wish list. I've had Dark Souls 3 on my wishlist for a really long time and I wish I had known it was available in the March bundle.

TheELF

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2012
"Normally" they reveal one or more games at the start of the monthly and you can buy this monthly until the last friday of that month, (so this friday would be the last day to get aprils bundle) the next friday,which would be the first friday of a new month they reveal the rest of the games and anybody who bought the bundle get's all the games of the bundle.

The game(s) they reveal at the beginning you can get right away if you pay for the bundle right away,with a sub you get charged at the last possible day so you would get the early reveal on the last friday of the month and the rest of the games one weak later,with a sub you can still go to your page and select the pay early option to get the early reveals whenever you pay for them.

Now they revealed some additional games at a random date the last couple of times but nobody knows if this will remain this way,if they are just testing something out or if it's permanent.

You can also go month to month subscription and only buy the monthlies where the early reveals are worth it for you,because it's always a great deal but if you don't like the games it's still money spend for something you don't like,unless you like gambling :)

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I ask because $12 is ridiculously cheap for what games they usually offer but not everyone wants the games they are offering, so if a subscriber were to list which games were featured each month, it could help others to get a subscription if the mystery game they are featuring is on someone's wish list. I've had Dark Souls 3 on my wishlist for a really long time and I wish I had known it was available in the March bundle.

Dark Souls 3 + the DLC was part of the revealed portion of the March bundle. Subscribers don't know the rest until the next bundle is unveiled.

I ended up getting it every month regardless of the revealed games after I checked all the previous bundles and there was at least one game in there that I wanted. I think in just about all of those cases, it was a deal to get it for $12 too.

Reactions: OCNewbie

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I'm confused. I just want to buy this months bundle and not subscribe. Is it too late to get the early unlocks and will I get them right away? How is that done?

Edit: If I subscribe today I get the 3 unlocks and then get the other 6 games on the 4th correct? And then I can cancel before May 25th if I don't want next months bundle correct? I also have the option to pay next months early to get the unlocks. Does that all sound right?

Edit 2: I subbed and got all six games and the rest come on the 4th.

Last edited:

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Another good deal.

I just saw Sudden Strike 4 on sale this week from $50 down to $20 and thought hmm.

It's one of the bonus games in the bundle.

It also has A Hat in Time, Forged Battalion, Kona, The Escapists 2, Conan Exiles, The Surge, 'Pathologic Classic SD' and a little platformer made for them, 'Woten'.

Wish they'd fix the referral system - I'd get $8, but the person using it would get nothing.

Justinbaileyman

Golden Member
Aug 17, 2013
A Hat in Time,The Escapists 2,and Conan Exiles were lasts months deal which I bought just for a Hat In Time due to its extreme similarities to Mario Odyssey. I am Over half way through the game and should finish it sometime this week end. Was gonna buy the new bundle for this month but it looks like the same games as last month but with 3 more games thrown in?

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
A Hat in Time,The Escapists 2,and Conan Exiles were lasts months deal which I bought just for a Hat In Time due to its extreme similarities to Mario Odyssey. I am Over half way through the game and should finish it sometime this week end. Was gonna buy the new bundle for this month but it looks like the same games as last month but with 3 more games thrown in?

It doesn't appear the same for me. The new bundle is September and the early unlocks are Sniper Elite 4, Tales of Berseria, and Staxel. Alternatively you can choose Rise of the Tomb Raider instead of these 3

Reactions: Justinbaileyman

Justinbaileyman

Golden Member
Aug 17, 2013
It doesn't appear the same for me. The new bundle is September and the early unlocks are Sniper Elite 4, Tales of Berseria, and Staxel. Alternatively you can choose Rise of the Tomb Raider instead of these 3
Ok yeah its been changed now cause it is now showing the games you named above instead of what i said this morning.. must have been a glitch on there web site or it just wasnt updated like it should have been..