Humble Bundle 8

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
I'll definitely be watching this one. Hotline Miami looks like a great game.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Worth it for Hotline Miami and Dear Esther. Capsized is pretty good too. No idea about the other ones, but they look good. Not like there's much to lose. It's Humble Bundle after all.

Phobic9

Golden Member
Apr 6, 2001
Hotline Miami has been hyped all over the place but for some reason, I just can't bring myself to want to try it. Then again, I'm one of those people that thought the movie Drive was horrible. I've seen a lot of discussion between Hotline Miami and Drive so maybe this is why I'm "meh" on the game.

I may chuck a few bucks at the bundle though.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Hotline Miami has been hyped all over the place but for some reason, I just can't bring myself to want to try it. Then again, I'm one of those people that thought the movie Drive was horrible. I've seen a lot of discussion between Hotline Miami and Drive so maybe this is why I'm "meh" on the game.

I may chuck a few bucks at the bundle though.

Hotline Miami is a lot of fun. I had no idea why it was so hyped up till I started playing it. It is a puzzle game with action, not an action game. That is the biggest thing I think that most don't know.

I didn't like Drive either and found it pretty damn boring. I honestly thought the main character for half the movie was supposed to be mentally handicapped.

yepp

Jul 30, 2006
Thought Drive was bleh too, was expecting more car action. There was car stealth, car ambush and IIRC only one car chase scene... Can't get enough of Kavinsky Nightcall though.

Thomas Was Alone has always interested me, will see what all the fuss with Hotline Miami is about.

tnt118

Jan 17, 2010
For me, this was one of the most interesting bundles yet. Several games I've wanted to play, some others friends tell me are pretty good, and all for a good cause. I've been on the fence about past bundles before, but this one was a no-brainer.

daraksharnah

Aug 3, 2012
I'm going in on it, I'll wait for the additions, otherwise I forget to check back after I buy. I'm in it for Dear Esther, as well as a friend has given good remarks on Hotline Miami and Little Inferno (he said he couldn't get enough burning of stuff...maybe he's more of a pyro than i am?)

Plus I'm a very avid supporter of Child's Play Charity

Last edited:

EDUSAN

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
i've already got almost all the games in the bundle... so here is my review

Hotline Miami: good game. May not be for everyone, its kinda frustrating, and weird but its original, challenging and interesting. i think its Worth it
Proteus: dont have this one. It is said that is not a game really, more like a music and visual experience worth trying

Little Inferno: this is probably the only game i want in the bundle. Heard is pretty nice but also short
Awesomenauts: if you like 2d platformer and you like MOBAs this game is great. I would be totally wasted playing this game if it wasnt because i played LoL for like 3 years, i couldnt take playing another MOBA. But awesomenauts is awesome. If you like it, you have MANY MANY hours of fun with this one
Capsized: l got this one but havent played it yet. seems ok
Thomas was Alone: some people liked this game, i was not interested on it.
Dear Esther: havent played it, but it is said to be good althought not much of a game but an experience.

In conclusion, I think this humble bundle has almost every indie game that was released for some time. There are still some gems that were not in bundles (FTL comes to my mind), but i consider this bundle to be a pack of Good games (not one single bad one)

lilrayray69

Apr 4, 2013
Thinkin about getting it...usually dont like indie games all that much but these seem pretty good, always wanted to try Dear Esther just to see what its like

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Got this bundle. So far I've tried Thomas Was Alone and Proteus.

Thomas Was Alone is a cute little story-based platformer so far. Only played for a few minutes but I can definitely see myself at least finishing the game. Probably doesn't have any replay value though.

I didn't like Proteus at all. Maybe I'm jaded. The funny thing is, I actually LIKE exploration without a goal. I used to do it all the time in other games, even on these old virtual reality stationary bikes at a gym I used to go to. But Proteus doesn't really have anything interesting to see or do in the game world.

daraksharnah

Aug 3, 2012
We can't let this thread die!!!

I did pick up the pack. Played through Little Inferno already, still need to finish the combos :3 my inner pyro was quite satisfied <3

Dear Esther is interesting so far, kinda like a short story with a graphically explorable world.

Proteus, didn't care so much for, the music -> graphic changes were pretty cool, might go back to it some day.

Haven't played the rest yet, but a friend gives them a thumbs up, so we'll see :3

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
I didn't like Proteus at all. Maybe I'm jaded. The funny thing is, I actually LIKE exploration without a goal. I used to do it all the time in other games, even on these old virtual reality stationary bikes at a gym I used to go to. But Proteus doesn't really have anything interesting to see or do in the game world.

I was kind of disappointed with it too. It's a short artsy-fartsy game that's interesting for about 3 minutes.

lilrayray69

Apr 4, 2013
Yeah Proteus was kind of lame, walked around for a while but didnt see any progression really...
Dear Esther was ok, graphics aren't as good as some screenshots/videos made it out to be. Found that I don't think I like those sort of exploration games lol.
Awesomenauts is not really my cup of tea, but it's good for what it is.

I don't see why people were so crazy over Hotline Miami. It doesn't feel like anything new to me, other than it's extremely fast paced and gorey. Only played for 30 mins or so.

Capsized is pretty good. The art design is neat looking and the abilities you have are fun to play around with. This is the one I'll probably play the most.

Oh and Thomas Was Alone is really good. The music is amazing. The story is kind of cute too, I found myself referring to the little blocks by the names they're given.

In other indie-related news I played The Swapper, which is pretty cool. It's only about 90 minutes long but it was fun and the atmosphere is really interesting.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Bonus unlocked now, check your humble page for a bunch of Steam keys for the following games:

Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers
Intrusion 2
English Country Tune
Oil Rush

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
What's exactly is the difference between the "Humble Bundle" and the "Humble Bundle Weekly Sale"? Is it that the former always consists of Indie games, whereas the latter does not?

Usually, I think the HB has games from different developers, genres, etc. while the Weekly Sale focuses on specific game series or multiple games by the same developer.

At least, that's my take.

Also, do they really have a weekly sale? Seems like they are just as random as the bundles.