mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
Hit F6 instead of F5 while trying to refresh a thread, and it highlighted the address bar. I didn't know that was a Firefox shortcut. Awesome.

chuckywang

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: mrSHEiK124
Hit F6 instead of F5 while trying to refresh a thread, and it highlighted the address bar. I didn't know that was a Firefox shortcut. Awesome.

It's in IE too.

Feb 6, 2007
I'm sure there are days where you learn nothing new. What about if you don't even wake up for 24 hours? OK, you just learned you could do that. But then it happens again... you already knew it was possible, and you aren't learning much while asleep unless you're one of the Venture Bros. Did you learn something new that day?

Or what about if you're in a coma? Does the rule stop applying until you regain conciousness? How much are you really going to pick up in a coma?

And then, of course, they'll also tell you "you never know." Well what the hell is the point in learning something new every day if I never know? "Learned something new today." "Well, you never know." "Shit, maybe I didn't..."

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
Originally posted by: Modeps
I do that with Command-L

Mac?

Ctrl+L works in Windows, this is cool, I never knew there was a shortcut for address bar. Then again, someone on here didn't know that Ctrl+F4 closed FF tabs...

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
F6 has gone to the address bar for a long time. Lots of the F keys do things like fullscreen removing the address bar and such, etc.

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
Why not just use gestures for things like refreshing, opening new windows and tabs, closing tabs, etc.?

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
Originally posted by: coldmeat
Why not just use gestures for things like refreshing, opening new windows and tabs, closing tabs, etc.?

Aren't gestures an Opera thing? It renders too many pages all funny looking, I don't like it :confused:

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007

Aren't gestures an Opera thing? It renders too many pages all funny looking, I don't like it :confused:

no, you can get a add-on for FF.

Epic Fail

Diamond Member
May 10, 2005

FF can do it with an add on.

effowe

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Modeps
I do that with Command-L

Mac?

Ctrl+L works in Windows, this is cool, I never knew there was a shortcut for address bar. Then again, someone on here didn't know that Ctrl+F4 closed FF tabs...

I also use Ctrl-L for address bar, and Ctrl-K for Google Search bar. Ctrl-W also closes tabs.

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000

Because gestures are annoying as hell?

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
Originally posted by: OdiN

How are they annoying?

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
I learned something new yesterday. Claire Danes and Julia Stiles are not in fact the same person.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Is there a shortcut to change tabs in IE7? Kinda like alt+tab?

I use windows + e and windows + d all the time. Windows + r too.

hypn0tik

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2005
Originally posted by: OdiN

I can't stand NOT having mouse gestures. I hate having to navigate to the top left to hit the "back" button or even right click and be precise in clicking on "back".

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: hypn0tik

I can't stand NOT having mouse gestures. I hate having to navigate to the top left to hit the "back" button or even right click and be precise in clicking on "back".

Thumb button on my mouse ftw! Quicker and easier then any other method.

hypn0tik

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2005
Originally posted by: TallBill

Not all mice have thumb buttons though...

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
Originally posted by: TallBill

I use the tiltwheel which i think is a bit quicker. e-penis