Huh... when your mind wanders, you remember the weirdest things. (80's Nostalgia thread!) /edit: found a great site!

SaltBoy

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
I was just thinking about the 80's, which was the time of my oh-so-fragile childhood, and I got to thinking about some of my favorite commercials:

The series of Levi's commercials where they had a Levis-wearing Tarzan swinging at the end of the commercial and yelling (in a Tarzan voice) LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVIS!

Or the pop-tarts jingle:

I'm moving my feet for a taste so neat -- the Kellogg's pop-tart taste!
Pop pop pop pop, my feet can't stop
For something nice and hot
because it tastes so good!

Or Kellogg's Raisin Bran:

Those two scoops of plump juicy raisins in KELLOOOOOOGGG'S Raisin Bran! (Two scoops!)

You guys remember any other good commercials?

/edit: HOLY CRAP! Check out the 80's TV Supersite! That is plush! :)

FeathersMcGraw

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2001
Originally posted by: SaltBoy
The series of Levi's commercials where they had a Levis-wearing Tarzan swinging at the end of the commercial and yelling (in a Tarzan voice) LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVIS!

Not to mention that big green alien: "Lee-VI-suh." And the little red ones that worshipped the Levis logo.

Those two scoops of plump juicy raisins in KELLOOOOOOGGG'S Raisin Bran! (Two scoops!)

It was all about the California Raisins, dude.

Edit: The MTV armchair commercial is a classic.

weezergirl

Diamond Member
May 24, 2000
slap bracelets, jem and the rockers, rainbow brite, gloworm, punky brewster, popples, strawberry shortcake, atari, ahhhhhhh those were the days.

sheselectric

Golden Member
Mar 6, 2002
HAH.....the commercial that first came to mind was that with Coke's old slogan, "Coke is it!" Those were my first words. :confused: