Hugo Chavez gets an express pass

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
I think the point is that the article that you posted gives no examples or evidence of him having anyone killed. It just gives examples of his poor governance, which no one is disputing.

I wasn't saying that Hugo Chavez is stalking the streets shooting women and kids. Like you said his governance and what he is putting his people through is the issue. The post is pretty much part of recognizing the good riddance factor.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
lol homo.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Just to troll in my thread you're taking a pretty disgusting low road. You are crapping in my thread, trying to derail the topic, using homophobic slurs, personal insults and in typical liberal Democrat fashion you seem to think it's a comment about me instead of a realistic view of who you really are. You're just showing the true colors of the person behind your little "First" facade.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Dictatorships usually pass from one hand to the next.

One man's death is not what restores power to the people. If they allowed Chavez to take it from them, why wouldn't the next guy feel free to do the same?

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
I wasn't saying that Hugo Chavez is stalking the streets shooting women and kids. Like you said his governance and what he is putting his people through is the issue. The post is pretty much part of recognizing the good riddance factor.

The question regarding Chavez though was because someone accused him of putting down political dissent and it seemed that your link was being posted in response, but upon further inspection it seems it was a separate posting unrelated. The point being made in response is that there's no evidence he's had Stalin style death squads or Tianamen square level squashing of opposition. I recall he's revoked the license of a station that politically opposed him, but he didn't have them executed. Perhaps what was originally meant by "put down" didn't mean kill, but it certainly seemed that was the indication.

We all know Chavez is a bad person and a bad leader, people trying to accuse him of murdering dissenters doesn't do anything to add to the argument. It just forces people more interested in the truth than propaganda have to almost defend him. It'd be like saying that Hitler raped little boys, we don't really need to add accusations to know he was evil.

But yes his inability to properly run his country is certainly hurting the people.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
You should be ashamed of yourself. Just to troll in my thread you're taking a pretty disgusting low road. You are crapping in my thread, trying to derail the topic, using homophobic slurs, personal insults and in typical liberal Democrat fashion you seem to think it's a comment about me instead of a realistic view of who you really are. You're just showing the true colors of the person behind your little "First" facade.

lol faux outrage. Woosh.