HuffPo - Is There A Loophole That Could Actually Keep Obama In The White House?

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
Meltdown 2016-2020 continues.

I love how the raving loon who wrote that reduces Obama to just "a black president" revealing more of the left's racism of low expectations and general race obsession. Really, that's the most relevant thing to this loon and the loons he's writing to? Not a competent president, a good president, whatever, just bring up his race for no reason at all other than that's how leftloons view everything. It's typical, just that was an interesting example.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Just so you guys know, like AM radio and Cable News, no one from the "left" reads Huff Pro save a few people that post here and usually they are not liberals posting these stupid blog posts... Besides, the "author" of this shit piece is Oliver Chinyere who is supposedly a Writer & Comedian... Stupid piece is stupid...

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Just so you guys know, like AM radio and Cable News, no one from the "left" reads Huff Pro save a few people that post here and usually they are not liberals posting these stupid blog posts... Besides, the "author" of this shit piece is Oliver Chinyere who is supposedly a Writer & Comedian... Stupid piece is stupid...

They read opinion pieces like they read the bible. Its factual, reality based, and can only be interpreted the way they interpret it.

Reactions: umbrella39

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999

Looks like he sucks at both of his "jobs." I read ~33% of it and have no idea what he is getting at. Huff Po is general is complete crap, though, and no one there knows how to write an article without massive copy/paste blocks.

But I think more conservatives pay attention to Huff Po than liberals.

Last edited:

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Trump is going to be president. It's like cancer, you can't wish it away, you have to fight it.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Um...

Now, it’s the second clause I’d really like you to pay attention to. Because if you’re reading what I’m reading, then you’ll know there’s exactly nothing that President Barack Obama can do. HOWEVER, I’ll continue typing because it feels good on my fingers and my brain feels nice when I type the words.

So, you might be asking, what the fuck are you writing this for then? Well, the intention is two-fold.

1. To see how many people would just blindly share this without really reading it.

2. To more importantly, get a discussion going about what we/Congress can do from a realistic(-ish) standpoint, given the extent of Russia’s involvement and the appointment of several pro-Russia members to Trump’s cabinet and administration.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

Well it got Zapp all in a tizzy. I never go to Huffington Post, it isn't a quality site.

Nov 8, 2012
Meltdown 2016-2020 continues.

I love how the raving loon who wrote that reduces Obama to just "a black president" revealing more of the left's racism of low expectations and general race obsession. Really, that's the most relevant thing to this loon and the loons he's writing to? Not a competent president, a good president, whatever, just bring up his race for no reason at all other than that's how leftloons view everything. It's typical, just that was an interesting example.

Completely agree.

Whatever happened to just being a person? Doesn't that sound a lot better than trying to close people off into groups?

Today it just seems like:

Republcans: "That is a person with short height"
Liberals: "That is an oppressed Black African American Woman of the LGBTQ+ community that has a height handicap"

It's pathetic.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Quit projecting the conservative bubble onto libruuls. We're well aware that Strongman Trump is going to be the next US President.

Congrats to the Strongman Trump voters. You've won enough votes in the Electoral College to win the White House.

Hugo Drax

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2011
that site is Briebart fro
Quit projecting the conservative bubble onto libruuls. We're well aware that Strongman Trump is going to be the next US President.

Congrats to the Strongman Trump voters. You've won enough votes in the Electoral College to win the White House.

Sucks for the DNC they were working towards the EC victory even at the expense of the popular vote. I guess the EC is good for Clinton but bad for Trump. No one had issues with the EC when it was Clinton and her EC Blue firewall.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
that site is Briebart fro

Sucks for the DNC they were working towards the EC victory even at the expense of the popular vote. I guess the EC is good for Clinton but bad for Trump. No one had issues with the EC when it was Clinton and her EC Blue firewall.
There you go again.

Blue_Max

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2011
There's the leftist methodology in a nutshell.

Keep screaming until you get what you want.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
There's the leftist methodology in a nutshell.

Keep screaming until you get what you want.

Rather ironic to say that when Trump's strategy literally revolved around yelling things loudly enough and often enough until he got what he wanted. Intelligence? Nuance? Compromise? Those are for suckers.

Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Rather ironic to say that when Trump's strategy literally revolved around yelling lies loudly enough and often enough until he got what he wanted. Intelligence? Nuance? Compromise? Those are for suckers.
FTFY

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
I said from the beginning that the election should have been postponed to investigate Russian involvement. Everybody wanted to go forward with it. Democrats to rush Hillary in office before she had another stroke and died, and Republicans to get this shitshow over with. I was tossed out as crazy, now more than half this country agrees with me.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I said from the beginning that the election should have been postponed to investigate Russian involvement. Everybody wanted to go forward with it. Democrats to rush Hillary in office before she had another stroke and died, and Republicans to get this shitshow over with. I was tossed out as crazy, now more than half this country agrees with me.

It had nothing to do with getting Hillary in but rather not going against tradition or taking steps that aren't outlined in the constitution or the law. Could you imagine if trump was already president and in the next election he made such a move? No thanks. The Republicans already do enough to undermine democracy, they don't need another tool.

HTFOff

Golden Member
Oct 3, 2013
Haven't clicked a huffpaint link in ages. Go me.

Are those asswipes still putting trump columns in the entertainment section?

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000

Our elections are run according to our laws and our Constitution. If there is any statutory basis for delaying an election in the USA, please enlighten us on it. I'm certainly not aware of any. Delaying elections because of a (usually manufactured) crisis is a tried and true tactic of tinpot dictators and does not belong in the USA. Even during the Civil War there was no delay of elections.

Also speaking as a liberal and a lifelong student of the law, the blog post cited by OP is absolute pure nonsense, If there is some sort of constitutional basis supporting the goal he seeks to achieve, he certainly kept it well hidden.

Personally I want absolutely not even the scintilla of credibility that a future President Trump has ANY authority whatsoever to suspend or delay elections.