Huckabee to head Trump's 3rd term re-election

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Mike Huckabee is a man of god and that god is Gumby, dammit. Morbid curiosity has me kind of wanting to hear Preacher Huckabee's sermon on this topic.

Nov 8, 2012
Are snowflakes getting triggered by jokes now?

Shiiiiiiiit, I always thought Huckabee was a moron, but right now he's pretty hilarious.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Maybe the 2nd amendment people ought to do something about that. Of course I'm joking, all you 3 letter agencies reading this.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Its kind of a joke, they're creating their own reality, for themselves and for their legions of voters. They're not selling adherence to the constitution; they're selling victimization. Impeachment makes them and their voters victims - victims of a country being stolen from them. They're victims of liberals and foreigners who don't value the 'original' America, and they have taken over "their" country. Therefore, they are justified in re-taking it.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
It's not like Trump hasn't mentioned it many times at his rallies. I wouldn't put it past him to try.
And when his moronic supporters hear it, they don't laugh, they cheer at the thought.

Last edited:

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Mike Huckabee is a man of god and that god is Gumby, dammit. Morbid curiosity has me kind of wanting to hear Preacher Huckabee's sermon on this topic.

Huckabee and his ilk are probably worried about this...These people are the devils children

Millennials Are Leaving Religion and not Coming Back

Religion is being perceived more as a political identity rather than a moral identity and that associate is driving younger people away. A backlash against 40+ years of the religious right conflating politics and religion.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Are snowflakes getting triggered by jokes now?

Shiiiiiiiit, I always thought Huckabee was a moron, but right now he's pretty hilarious.

The problem is that Trump and current Republicans are very much examples of Poe's Law: views so extreme and ridiculous that they're indistinguishable from parody. It's hard to tell if Huckabee is joking because many of his serious views are laughable. Certainly a large chunk of his party is genuinely eager to rig elections and avoid holding officials accountable for clear abuses of power.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Heh. Trump might be able to run again in 2024 but only if he loses in 2020 & manages to stay out of prison in the meanwhile. We should all work to make it that way.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
The problem is that Trump and current Republicans are very much examples of Poe's Law: views so extreme and ridiculous that they're indistinguishable from parody. It's hard to tell if Huckabee is joking because many of his serious views are laughable. Certainly a large chunk of his party is genuinely eager to rig elections and avoid holding officials accountable for clear abuses of power.
Let's also not forget that trying to illegally dig up dirt on his political opponents and attempting to rig it so he could run for a 3rd term are the reasons why Nixon was forced to resign.
So this is basically Republicans once again saying 'Oh that would never happen!' about something they've been caught trying to do before.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

It's far more sinister. It's straight out of Mein Kampf-

All this was inspired by the principle—which is quite true within itself—that in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods.
It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation. For the grossly impudent lie always leaves traces behind it, even after it has been nailed down, a fact which is known to all expert liars in this world and to all who conspire together in the art of lying.

When Trump says "I did nothing wrong", they believe him. When he says "Read the transcript", they do, and they still believe him.

JockoJohnson

Golden Member
May 20, 2009
Oh my! The echo chamber has gotten louder over the past few years. So many panties wadded up in bunches, going to need lots of steam cleaning or dry cleaning to fix it all. Between Trump's 3rd term to the impending financial crisis to not even being able to stay on topic in Biden's finger nibbling thread.

I am glad I stick around to read the lunacy posted here daily. This place would have normal people thinking the sky is falling and we are headed directly into the sun.

Don't ever change ATPN!

Reactions: IJTSSG

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Oh my! The echo chamber has gotten louder over the past few years. So many panties wadded up in bunches, going to need lots of steam cleaning or dry cleaning to fix it all. Between Trump's 3rd term to the impending financial crisis to not even being able to stay on topic in Biden's finger nibbling thread.

I am glad I stick around to read the lunacy posted here daily. This place would have normal people thinking the sky is falling and we are headed directly into the sun.

Don't ever change ATPN!

There is some hyperbole, but I don't think we should tolerate leaders who routinely 'joke' about unconstitutional power grabs, do you? Or, for that matter, leaders who make serious inquiries about shutting down the free press (Trump has asked more than once if he can have NBC's broadcast license revoked) or intervene in contract decisions to punish companies that tell the truth about him (see: Trump forcing the military to deny Amazon the JEDI contract).

I know you're a disgrace to your country's ideals and don't care about the potential for overreach, but most people here actually have some interest in preserving a functioning democracy.

Reactions: Victorian Gray

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
It's not like Trump hasn't mentioned it many times at his rallies. I wouldn't put it past him to try.
And when his moronic supporters hear it, they don't laugh, they cheer at the thought.
Realistically, why wouldn't he? He wants to be in power and nothing has stopped him yet. He's going to be acquitted by the senate and then reelected (my opinion) which should embolden him even further.