HP ZR2740w or ?

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
I'm wanting to get a higher resolution monitor and the HP ZR2740w seems like a quality unit. For the price, is there anything that competes? I will be using this mainly for gaming, so refresh rate and image quality are equally important. The reviews of the Dell 27" point to a longer refresh rate and a higher price.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
If you are able, find a demo model so that you can view the anti-glare coating for yourself.
It's some mean stuff.

When gaming, it's not really an issue, but when browsing web pages/etc it's very noticeable.

aaksheytalwar

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2012
If you are able, find a demo model so that you can view the anti-glare coating for yourself.
It's some mean stuff.

When gaming, it's not really an issue, but when browsing web pages/etc it's very noticeable.

This. However if money is enough then go for dell or apple or even nec if you can afford it

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
Well, my monitor came in two days ago and I'm loving it. Took some time to get used to the size difference over my 23" 1080p displays, but it really kicks ass while playing Diablo 3. I need to snag a display calibrator from the art department at work, but even out of the box, I'm happy with what I see.

nine9s

May 24, 2010
Well, my monitor came in two days ago and I'm loving it. Took some time to get used to the size difference over my 23" 1080p displays, but it really kicks ass while playing Diablo 3. I need to snag a display calibrator from the art department at work, but even out of the box, I'm happy with what I see.

What did you get?