HP ZR24w 407.99 Shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piano Man

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
If I plan to game, surf, and watch movies, how does this compare to the Dell U2410 and the HP LP2475w. Just wondering if the other two are worth the additional 100 bucks.

hans007

Lifer
Feb 1, 2000
If I plan to game, surf, and watch movies, how does this compare to the Dell U2410 and the HP LP2475w. Just wondering if the other two are worth the additional 100 bucks.

i think this is actaully the replacement for the lp2475W.

its a s-ips panel, just with all the modern connectors. i'd assume it'd be better than the 2475w just on account of being the newest model.

plion

Aug 7, 2005
careful cost central doesn't let you return opened items. You would have to deal with hp off the bat

chef-

Apr 26, 2010
careful cost central doesn't let you return opened items. You would have to deal with hp off the bat

nice tip, though sometimes it's worth the risk........ many will argue

However, the reason these may be so cheap is because they are a wide-gamut monitor, which will throw off a lot of users with their bright colors.

I'm not saying that this company(because i have no idea who they are) will not sell you a doa product, but this is in fact not a defect - rather, wide-gamut... and based on reading reviews may actually improve gameplay...

always research before you buy!

nice find

Last edited:

PC911mickster

Apr 11, 2001
We scored one of these from CostCentral about a month ago
Shipped same day, two day delivery...no drama at all
It's a sweet monitor used for wife's virtual advertising agency
She loves it

CC evidently will accept returns IF you receive a defective unit providing you catch the defect and call 'em quickly after receiving the unit...don't try to use 'em as tech support, then you will be directed to call HP

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
nice tip, though sometimes it's worth the risk........ many will argue

However, the reason these may be so cheap is because they are a wide-gamut monitor, which will throw off a lot of users with their bright colors.

I'm not saying that this company(because i have no idea who they are) will not sell you a doa product, but this is in fact not a defect - rather, wide-gamut... and based on reading reviews may actually improve gameplay...

always research before you buy!

nice find

Actually, these are standard Gamut, sRGB. They also have excellent factory calibration compared to pretty much all other IPS panels in this price range.

However, the drawbacks for this panel are that it doesn't have good black levels, and it doesn't have a lot of the extra bells and whistles some other IPS panels have.

It is the monitor I want, as it has an excellent picture, and I don't need to calibrate it. Although I don't like the black levels, and I wish it had an HDMI input. (It does have Displayport though)

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
The big question on these is are they worth the 70-100 difference from the dell 2410. The stand quality is about the same. Its the same panel. I had a hard time deciding...

Jhatfie

Jan 20, 2004
I have 3 of these and love them. The black levels can be made pretty good if you take time to calibrate and the color accuracy is great out of the box. If you game they have low input lag and I have not noticed any ghosting even with fps games. Got mine from costcentral when they were $385 shipped a few weeks ago. No dead pixels, no backlight bleeding on any of mine. I could not justify the dells extra price over these, very nice multi purpose IPS for around $400.

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
The big question on these is are they worth the 70-100 difference from the dell 2410. The stand quality is about the same. Its the same panel. I had a hard time deciding...

The Dell U2410 is $100 more expensive, and to be honest I prefer the HP ZR24w. It has better panel uniformity, better color reproduction in the sRGB color space, lower input lag, and better factory calibration.

The U2410 has additional image preprocessing (although this causes input lag), has an HDMI input, has a 10-bit color lookup table (although it is still a 8 bit panel), has deeper blacks, and has a wide gamut screen (although many see this as a negative).

It all depends on why you want the monitor, but I have tried to type out the major pros and cons of each monitor. The HP monitor is much cheaper, but I think that is temporary, as the non-promotional price is about the same price as the Dell monitor.

EDIT: Here is a review that compares the three monitors in question: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/hp_zr24w.htm

Last edited:

daddy-o

Dec 14, 1999
BTW, this is handled through HP's Small Business support. I had a stuck pixel, and a tech is coming to my house next week to do a panel swap. The call took 3 minutes.

aceO07

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2000
BTW, this is handled through HP's Small Business support. I had a stuck pixel, and a tech is coming to my house next week to do a panel swap. The call took 3 minutes.

I've heard good things about them. I also have 1 stuck pixel, but haven't gotten around to calling them yet. Mine is a hp lp2475w. The 2475w has more inputs options. The reds are really bright and blacks are black.

Fenix793

Golden Member
Jan 17, 2000
Buy.com sells these monitors on ebay. You can use BCB to get the price down to $370ish and it also has free shipping.

This monitor seems like the 24" to have. IMO it seems like it's a better buy than the U2410. It's cheaper, has factory calibration, better uniformity, and sRGB color.

Also the black levels can be corrected with further calibration.

Apr 17, 2003
Buy.com sells these monitors on ebay. You can use BCB to get the price down to $370ish and it also has free shipping.

This monitor seems like the 24" to have. IMO it seems like it's a better buy than the U2410. It's cheaper, has factory calibration, better uniformity, and sRGB color.

Also the black levels can be corrected with further calibration.

link?

Fenix793

Golden Member
Jan 17, 2000
bing.com/cashback -> Featured stores -> ebay -> Search for zr24w -> There is a BIN auction by buy.com for $405.99

Status
Not open for further replies.