hp "lay it flat" computer

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Niche use. It would be good for occasional use, like a reference kiosk at a store or library, but tedious as a full time computer. The ergonomics are terrible for prolonged use.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Often desktop space is at a premium.

I was thinking how some games use to be in a glass covered table like Pac man.

gorobei

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2007
should be a nice option, it's meant to reduce some of the arm fatigue of repeated touchscreen use.

It would be a real benefit for those using tablet convertibles as cintiq surrogates. Using a stylus at a slight incline is generally preferred.

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
Looks fancy! I can see it as being useful for non-computer people as they can just point to whatever they want instead of relying on hand-eye co-ordination. It is actually more ergonomic IMO to have a screen lower and angled up.

Regarding "arm fatigue" that is one of the biggest fails IMO with touchscreens. Heck, with a mouse I almost don't even move my arm, instead just moving the mouse with wrist movements (probably why I have wrist probs :( ). Having to hold my whole arm up takes effort!

gorobei

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2007
but if you have 40" touchscreens with minority report interfaces you can get your daily exercise in and get work done.

wimote for pro-e and autocad. no more beergut office workers.

mfenn

Elite Member
Jan 17, 2010
www.mfenn.com
I think it would suck for general usage, but would be awesome for writing, drawing, etc. where you tend to hunch over the paper anyway.

fffblackmage

Platinum Member
Dec 28, 2007
Should do something like the Nintendo DS, dual touchscreens. Oh wait, there's a laptop/tablet that's like that....