Howard Dean on Larry King

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: SuperTool
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Originally posted by: SuperTool
$450 B deficit /300M americans = $1500 for every man, woman, and child in America. So Bush is borrowing $1500 on my behalf, but only giving me $400? He can shove it.
I am setting it aside for anti-Bush political contributions in the 2004 election year.

Off-topic but I'll respond.

Yep, the gov't is spending atleast $1500 more per person than it should. To fix that we need to curb spending(ie cut, hack, slash). I went over how much Bush's tax-cuts are in relation to the current deficit in a different thread.

CkG

Bush had his chance, he did not lead, Dean will.

Yes, Dean is a Career Politician like the rest but he does have a very good record over that 10 year period for running Vermont. After already knowing the rest of the "contenders" Dean certainly comes out looking a lot better than the rest of them and there is just no way this Country will survive 4 more years of Bushism. I voted for the guy and sorry I did.

I attended the local Dean meeting this evening and will post the info on my local website in the morning.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Yes, Dean is a Career Politician like the rest but he does have a very good record over that 10 year period for running Vermont. After already knowing the rest of the "contenders" Dean certainly comes out looking a lot better than the rest of them and there is just no way this Country will survive 4 more years of Bushism. I voted for the guy and sorry I did.

I attended the local Dean meeting this evening and will post the info on my local website in the morning.

So now that you've slept off your Dean "high" ;) what say you? Come on, out with it Dave:D

CkG

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

So now that you've slept off your Dean "high" ;) what say you? Come on, out with it Dave:D

CkG

Out with what? I stayed up late to watch Leno's show with Arny's Political Career launch. I would be very curious to hear if Arny supports Bush all the way.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

CkG

Out with what? I stayed up late to watch Leno's show with Arny's Political Career launch. I would be very curious to hear if Arny supports Bush all the way.

Out with the info ;) I checked your 2 sites(that I know of) and didn't see any Dean info. Inquiring minds want to know.:p

No worries though, it isn't like I'll vote for the guy anywho:D

CkG

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

CkG

Out with the info ;) I checked your 2 sites(that I know of) and didn't see any Dean info. Inquiring minds want to know.:p

No worries though, it isn't like I'll vote for the guy anywho:D

CkG

OK, I put the Flyer up off my local area website RiverElan.com with a link on the main page. I am having some trouble getting the HTML code to behave so it is currently all the way on the bottom left at the moment.

The Flyer says he will have a BIG, BIG announcement of the Aug 22nd.

The only thing I could think of is that he may already be ready to announce a running mate.

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000

The Flyer says he will have a BIG, BIG announcement of the Aug 22nd.

I don't think HE will have a big announcement, I think Georgia for Dean will. I think he's visiting Georgia some time in September.

busmaster11

Platinum Member
Mar 4, 2000
Just donated $$$ to Dean, so I guess I gotta give this a bump.

I'd like to think that there exists a majority of Americans who understand and appreciate the meaning of integrity and fiscal, environmental and economic responsibility, unlike Cad here.

Everyone else will probably end up flaming me, and voting for the fvcking moron in office today.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Lucky
Yes, Dean is a Career Politician like the rest but he does have a very good record over that 10 year period for running Vermont

Yes, a very good record of making vermont have a taxation burden near the top of the list of all 50 states.

Some of you keep claiming Vermont is hurting from being overtaxed. The whole Country is overtaxed, Lucky, are you saying Vermont is worse off than California or New York? You're from Alabama so how do you know Vermont so well?

Anyone from Vermont, please chime in here.

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
<sigh>. Alabama is the default, that should be common knowledge by now. Yeah, the whole country is overtaxed, but if one state leads the list it should raise eyebrows as to why. But somehow that will be discounted, whereas using that logic in questioning why texas leads the nation in executions is OK.

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Lucky
Yes, Dean is a Career Politician like the rest but he does have a very good record over that 10 year period for running Vermont

Yes, a very good record of making vermont have a taxation burden near the top of the list of all 50 states.

Some of you keep claiming Vermont is hurting from being overtaxed. The whole Country is overtaxed, Lucky, are you saying Vermont is worse off than California or New York? You're from Alabama so how do you know Vermont so well?

Anyone from Vermont, please chime in here.

My folks live in Vermont, taxes are pretty resonable there. They tax the hell out of you in most towns if you only use the house as a summer place, but if you live there full time they drop significantly.