How would you spell out the sound effects for a fart?

StormRider

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2000
Say, you're creating a comic book. With comic books there are sound effects. For example, "Pow" could represent the sound of hitting someone. "Boom" could represent the sound of an explosion. How would you represent the sound of a fart?

Reactions: Herr Kutz

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
I just went through and sounded them all out. So far, JohnCU is winning. :laugh:

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
RRRRRRRRRRIP.

Fart is a terrible word to describe the phenomenon. It's fairly anti-onomatopoeic say compared to piss or even belch.

nonameo

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2006
Don't write it out. You know those greeting cards that when you open them, they speak to you? Yeah, do that but with farts.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: Rubycon
RRRRRRRRRRIP.

Fart is a terrible word to describe the phenomenon. It's fairly anti-onomatopoeic say compared to piss or even belch.

Speak for yourself. My behind has more characters and pronunciation than the chinese language.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
Originally posted by: spidey07

Speak for yourself. My behind has more characters and pronunciation than the chinese language.

Pics?

Sounds like a token ring that does IPV6. :p

azm

Jun 28, 2018
Say, you're creating a comic book. With comic books there are sound effects. For example, "Pow" could represent the sound of hitting someone. "Boom" could represent the sound of an explosion. How would you represent the sound of a fart?
I have seen a cartoon where Father is carrying Baby on his shoulders, standing in the Checkout line. Baby lets a fart represented by three lines coming from Baby's diaper, and everyone giving Dad dirty looks. It could also be represented by !!!!!!! with the fumes represented with wavy lines like from a hot cup of coffee.

An audio waveform for a fart is usually spikes looking like |||||.