How well do you function with minimal sleep?

Pastfinder

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2000
Being a college student, I am only getting about four hours of sleep a night on weekdays. Any suggestions as to pills I can take to improve memory or should I just go into a coma like my body wants me to?

Swoopman

Sep 25, 2000
Hehe...I'm a college student too. I'm usually fine with 5 or more hours. Any less than that and I'm a zombie though.

GT1999

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Being a college student.. early morning classes = extended nap time.

Now I just can't remember what happened in class this morning. :confused: Did I even go?

Beats me. :D

BA

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 1999
Well, this one time, I was staying at this hotel. I, um, didn't get any sleep that night...

So anyway, in the morning, I watched Sportscenter 3 or 4 times through. Every time there was something new I hadn't seen the time before, and I could swear there were games that changed outcomes...

KurtDavidson

Banned
Aug 1, 2000
Prenuptial Agreements
WHAT IS A PRENUPTIAL AGREEMENT?
A prenuptial agreement (also called a premarital or antenuptial agreement) is a contract between two people who intend to marry. It can address how you will divide your property and responsibilities:
during the marriage
at the death of either spouse
at their divorce
Basically, you can use the prenuptial agreement to dictate everything from how the monthly bills will get paid to what religious institutions your children will attend. However, one of the main reasons that you might want a prenuptial agreement is to insure that what is yours before the marriage remains yours if the marriage ends.

WHO SHOULD HAVE ONE?
Most often, a prenuptial agreement is used by people who are getting married for the second or third time or in a situation where one person has substantially more income or assets than the other person coming into the marriage. However, in light of the increased divorce rate in this country, many people are using prenuptial agreements as a way of decreasing the emotional and financial toll of divorce by specifying in advance how their marital property will be divided.

DO BOTH PARTIES NEED A LAWYER?
Yes. It is certainly wise for both people to be represented by independent attorneys who can advise you about your rights and obligations. In fact, some states require it for the contract to be enforceable. They also require that both parties provide each other with full disclosure of their assets and income. You should both be aware of what you would be entitled to under the law of your state should the marriage break up. This helps prevent the possibility that one person will later challenge the prenuptial agreement as "unconscionable," so unfair that it cannot be upheld.
A PRENUPTIAL AGREEMENT MIGHT BE INVALID IF:

one party withheld important financial information
one party exerted force to get the other to sign
the terms of the agreement would leave one of the parties destitute
Both parties must enter into the agreement with good faith, that is, honestly and without deception. And both parties must have put all their cards on the table and made a full and accurate disclosure of the important and relevant facts -- their income, assets, liabilities, and anything else that would be important to someone deciding whether to sign the agreement. Many states require this financial disclosure to be in writing.

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
I can actually function quite well on about 2 hours of sleep and do quite often. Normally I get about 4 hours though.