How to use laptop to run my computer??

Plywood

Dec 29, 2000
Is there a way (hardware or software) to use my laptop to run my main tower system-I'd like to use the laptop for basically a monitor and keyboard.(portability reasons) Thanks for any and all replies!!!

Wuming

Golden Member
Dec 14, 2000
no offense intended but i have only heard of people wanting to use the laptop as the processor and connecting it to a bigger monitor! :)

does your laptop have video input? i quite doubt it does though....

Nevyn522

Aug 11, 2000
If what you want to do is operate your computer remotely, I think that's possible... provided you're on a network.

I seem to remember some software a la PC Anywhere that allowed you to control one system from another -- wasn't great, but it worked pretty well. Unfortunately, I don't remember what it was called... just remember taking over a friend's computer with it... ;-)

If you're talking about direct connecting the two systems, ie, Monitor out on the tower to some sort of video in on the laptop... I'm pretty sure you're out of luck. Sorry.

Andrew

Plywood

Dec 29, 2000
Actually I'm trying to make my tower somewhat mobile-I use it for recording music.

It would be real sweet if I could use my laptop to control the tower so I don't have to lug a 19" monitor around with me. My laptop does not have the power or hardware to do the quality recordings I do with my main computer. So if I could just grab my tower and laptop it would be a real benefit. The laptop won't have to be very far from the tower.

A thank you for all responses- and Happy New Year(If the world doesn't end of course!!)