How to turn holding down a key into rapid presses?

taltamir

Lifer
Mar 21, 2004
I need a software that will send multiple continuous button presses when I am holding down a keyboard key (for example, space bar) or I am seriously gonna get RSI.

Anyone knows of a program that does that?

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
Would that work with single shot or burst weapons on BF3? And if so would that be considered a cheat?

Like the OP who is worried about RSI, those weapons require too much button pressing for an old man like myself and cause me pain with any extended use.

taltamir

Lifer
Mar 21, 2004
Auto Hotkey

It took a lot of research (including using an undocumented method of sending keystroke) but I managed to make a script that works for RPG maker games.

Code:
#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 3
F4::			; tilde is the hotkey
SetKeyDelay ,10,10
#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 1
if KeepWinZRunning	; This means an underlying thread is already running the loop below.
{
    KeepWinZRunning := false  ; Signal that thread's loop to stop.
    return  ; End this thread so that the one underneath will resume and see the change made by the line above.
}
; Otherwise:
KeepWinZRunning := true
Loop    
{
	; The next four lines are the action you want to repeat (update them to suit your preferences):
	Send, {Space}
	Sleep 50
	; But leave the rest below unchanged.
	if not KeepWinZRunning  ; The user signaled the loop to stop by pressing space again.
        	break  ; Break out of this loop.
}
KeepWinZRunning := false  ; Reset in preparation for the next press of this hotkey.
return

Last edited: