how to test Panasonic and Sony CCTV cameras for basic functions?

Ksingh707

Sep 5, 2021
Hello, I have a Panasonic WV-CW864A CCTV camera and I need to test it to see if it is functioning prooperly, According to the manual i need a certain switch of some sort to see if the camera is functioning. I was just wondering if anyone knows if there is a universal switch or something that I can use to see if different cctv cameras are working. Or is there only specific switches for specific cameras? If anyone has any information on this I would really appreciate it thanks.

nathanjo

Mar 22, 2022
hey, this should be the common factor for cctv cameras
Simply push and twist on the BNC connector to connect to the camera. Next turn on the CCTV. Test monitor power and our surveillance video image will appear on the monitor

Reactions: Ksingh707

TheELF

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2012
You don't need any switch you need dip switches and to set those properly, mainly you have to make sure that the camera is on a unit number that the monitor or recording unit supports and set the terminate if the monitor or recorder requires that.

Reactions: Ksingh707

Ksingh707

Sep 5, 2021
You don't need any switch you need dip switches and to set those properly, mainly you have to make sure that the camera is on a unit number that the monitor or recording unit supports and set the terminate if the monitor or recorder requires that.
thank you for the information, but I am actually having a hard time finding a power source. In the manual it says Power Source 24 V AC, 60 Hz. I have not been able to find this power source that specifically fits with the camera. Below I will attach a photo of the power connector for the camera. If you have any information on this id appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_0839.jpg
    IMG_0839.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 1

Ksingh707

Sep 5, 2021
hey, this should be the common factor for cctv cameras
Simply push and twist on the BNC connector to connect to the camera. Next turn on the CCTV. Test monitor power and our surveillance video image will appear on the monitor
Hello, I was able to get the bnc to hdmi converter but when I tried to connect it through a regular power supply and the bnc to hdmi converter, it gives me no response. The monitor is saying there is no signal like nothing is connected. In the manual is says the power source is 24 V AC, 60 Hz. I have not been able to find something this specific that fits the power connector on my camera. Would you happen to know where I can get a power source that fits this?

Attachments

• IMG_0839.jpg
    IMG_0839.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 2