how to tell someone my feelings

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DaiShan

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
Originally posted by: DrPizza
I see another YAGT in your near future:
"I'm a complete idiot. I was with a girl I really liked, and she absolutely adored me, but I gave that up in an attempt to win back my old girlfriend. Now, I'm alone."

edit: that feeling of puppy love doesn't last forever. The friendship is the most important part of a relationship. If you ask 100 couples about to be wed, "why are you getting married?" 50% of them will answer, "because we love each other." A majority of those will end in divorce. Many of the rest will actually understand what marriage and life-time commitment mean.

QFT. If you like this girl, give it a chance man. Forget about your ex. get rid of anything that has to do with her, get her completely out of your life. You'll thank yourself later.

DaiShan

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
Originally posted by: huberm
Originally posted by: rnp614
get drunk with her and say it.

neither of us drink but that would be a good idea

??? Are you serious? Never mind don't listen to my previous advice, you are beyond help.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
Originally posted by: huberm
So I have this friend that I've been hanging out quite a bit with for 6 months. We really like each other, but the thing is I just can't let go of my ex-gf. I'm still in love with her and want to try and win her back.

Anyways, how can I tell her that we can never have a relationship without really hurting her? I really feel bad that I have to do this and I haven't slept well in a week. I know that she wants to have a relationship with me really bad and its going to hurt when I tell her I just can't do it.

Please help....

Dont

Because if you do, you'll be making a post a few months later about how getting back with your ex failed, it took you a few months to get over it, and then you discovered that you let a good thing run right by.

edit. oops guess this has already been posted LoL

drum

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2003
forget about the ex.

pm me for an address to send the thank you note

Dobbs

Nov 19, 2001
Option A:
if your going to do it, do it right. Tell the new girl you want to get back with your ex while you two are in the middle of a hot and heavy "session". That should screw her up for a good few years. oh, and dont forget to tell her she "really isnt that fat" to add another good year to the original bomb you just dropped on her.

In all seriousness, she is going to hate you either way. Best to just talk to her about the situation but be prepared for a good back hand to the nuts. Six months is a long time to devote to someone and that someone will take it as being used since obviously you harbored feelings for the ex. Just remember, you and the ex broke up for some reason or other. What makes you think its going to work out a second time around? If years had passed and you two had grown on a personal level, then thats a different story. Six months though, thats a slap in the face to the new girl.

Option A is always open though.