how to tell someone my feelings

huberm

Golden Member
Dec 17, 2004
So I have this friend that I've been hanging out quite a bit with for 6 months. We really like each other, but the thing is I just can't let go of my ex-gf. I'm still in love with her and want to try and win her back.

Anyways, how can I tell her that we can never have a relationship without really hurting her? I really feel bad that I have to do this and I haven't slept well in a week. I know that she wants to have a relationship with me really bad and its going to hurt when I tell her I just can't do it.

Please help....

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
Just tell her, the longer you wait, the longer its going to hurt her.

SmoochyTX

Lifer
Apr 19, 2003
Originally posted by: huberm
So I have this friend that I've been hanging out quite a bit with for 6 months. We really like each other, but the thing is I just can't let go of my ex-gf. I'm still in love with her and want to try and win her back.

Anyways, how can I tell her that we can never have a relationship without really hurting her? I really feel bad that I have to do this and I haven't slept well in a week. I know that she wants to have a relationship with me really bad and its going to hurt when I tell her I just can't do it.

Please help....

yOU FORGOT THE yagt IN THE TITLE

1sikbITCH

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
:music: If you can't be with the one you love... honey, love the one you're with! :music:

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
tell her how lucky you are to have her for a friend.

She might get the hint and you wont have to hurt her feelings at all.

Dont be all dramatic. That's our department.

giantpinkbunnyhead

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2005
Originally posted by: freakflag
Are your feelings for your ex the only reason?

pretty much

You're gonna hate to hear this... but you gotta move on, my man. Hanging onto ex'es is fallacious and painful. You've got an opportunity that most "woe-is-me-I-miss-my-ex's" don't have. Your ex already moved on. That's them breaks.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
I see another YAGT in your near future:
"I'm a complete idiot. I was with a girl I really liked, and she absolutely adored me, but I gave that up in an attempt to win back my old girlfriend. Now, I'm alone."

edit: that feeling of puppy love doesn't last forever. The friendship is the most important part of a relationship. If you ask 100 couples about to be wed, "why are you getting married?" 50% of them will answer, "because we love each other." A majority of those will end in divorce. Many of the rest will actually understand what marriage and life-time commitment mean.

richardycc

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001
I bet your ex is hotter looking than this girl, thats why you cant let go of your ex, move on man, they are ex for a reason....

PeeluckyDuckee

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
Some things can't be helped, no matter how you approach it. Trust me. I'm on the receiving end right now. Let her down lightly and tell her to be honest to herself and to you and how she feels inside. Give her the chance to let things out a little, even if the outcome is nothing. Sometimes people just need to let things out and need you there to listen and they may feel better down the road.

It's not your fault. It's nobody's fault. Life just is sometimes.

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
I can see a YAGT in the near future, huberm. Why'd you and your ex split up? Chances are she isn't worth it if she left you 6 months ago and doesn't seem to care, and you two will probably part ways the same exact way 6 months later. Go for the new girl, move on bro.

desteffy

Golden Member
Jul 16, 2004
Originally posted by: giantpinkbunnyhead

pretty much

You're gonna hate to hear this... but you gotta move on, my man. Hanging onto ex'es is fallacious and painful. You've got an opportunity that most "woe-is-me-I-miss-my-ex's" don't have. Your ex already moved on. That's them breaks.

QFT

if you blow off this new girl down its likely down the road you'll still never get your ex back and feel stupid for letting that be a reason you push away this new girl.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: desteffy

pretty much

QFT

if you blow off this new girl down its likely down the road you'll still never get your ex back and feel stupid for letting that be a reason you push away this new girl.

Agreed.

huberm

Golden Member
Dec 17, 2004
Originally posted by: Astaroth33

pretty much

QFT

Agreed.

its a little more complicated than that. I met this new girl under circumstances that will always remind me of the ex. If I were to pursue a relationship w/ her I fear I would never be able to get over my ex-gf completely. And under those circumstances, I don't think I would ever be able to fully provide for her needs in a relationship.

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
Originally posted by: Astaroth33

pretty much

QFT

Agreed.

its a little more complicated than that. I met this new girl under circumstances that will always remind me of the ex. If I were to pursue a relationship w/ her I fear I would never be able to get over my ex-gf completely. And under those circumstances, I don't think I would ever be able to fully provide for her needs in a relationship.

Well if you're going to be a nancy boy about it just go tell her now, don't string her along like that.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: KarenMarie
tell her how lucky you are to have her for a friend.

She might get the hint and you wont have to hurt her feelings at all.

Dont be all dramatic. That's our department.

quoted for posterity! crazy women;)