How to tell a girl that you're not interested in a relationship?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: Geekbabe
Originally posted by: Nik
Originally posted by: FrugalGuy
I went out with a girl and it was a pretty good date. We both agreed on that, but I'm just not interested in pursuing this further. I told her I would call her, but i'm not sure what's the best thing to say. I'm really bad at this kind of stuff, so I would appreciate some feedback. I'm sure there will be plenty of jokes, but please offer some serious advice

PS, I'm willing to be friends with her

If after only one date a guy called me back to give me the "let's just be friends" speech I'd tell him to get over himself. You don't want to proceed further? You just don't call her again.

That's rude and inconsiderate.

You win some you lose some, not calling again after only 1 date sends a clear message without wasting anymore of either party's time and without really hurting feelings.Why must everything be oh the drama always the drama?

Oh, I see. You're talking about dating people who you don't give a crap about or who you just want to hang out with instead of someone you're interested in taking the time to build a real relationship with.

Please Nik, going out on one date with somebody and realising that you either just don't connect or that your lives are going in such different directions that pursuing things further would be impractical is very common and is no negative to anyone involved.

Also, it is perfectly acceptable to go out occasionally without any specific relationship agenda in mind, it's called socializing aka "casual dating"

Nah, I just didn't understand where you were coming from when I originally posted. I don't think dating is something as simple as hanging out with someone of the opposite sex -which is what I would consider casual dating to be. When I think of dating, I guess what I'm really thing about is courting. What's good for you may not be what's good for everyone else.

I don't believe in dating and sometimes I forget where other people are coming from and need to stop and think about it for a second. Maybe you should do the same.

Nik, dating is fun going out with a variety of people gives you a chance to polish social skills, figure out what you want/don't want in a prospective partner.You're so young to be so intense, why not relax and just have a good time with others without expectations ?

Hanging out with friends and making new friends IS fun, but I don't consider that dating. I love getting together with friends and going out to have a good time. :)

poopaskoopa

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2000

I don't believe in dating and sometimes I forget where other people are coming from and need to stop and think about it for a second. Maybe you should do the same.

I'm telling you right now. You're weird.

To answer the original question, I've always stonewalled the early disqualifiers. I know it's a candyass thing to do, but it's easier that way(for me). :eek: