How to tell a girl that you're not interested in a relationship?

FrugalGuy

Jan 3, 2002
I went out with a girl and it was a pretty good date. We both agreed on that, but I'm just not interested in pursuing this further. I told her I would call her, but i'm not sure what's the best thing to say. I'm really bad at this kind of stuff, so I would appreciate some feedback. I'm sure there will be plenty of jokes, but please offer some serious advice

PS, I'm willing to be friends with her

boatillo

Dec 14, 2004
Tell her you're too frugal with your money and dating her any longer would not be possible given said spending habits :D

Trogdor91

Sep 22, 2004
Send her a link to that "all i want, bang bang bang" animation!

Best option though, be honest.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: FrugalGuy
I went out with a girl and it was a pretty good date. We both agreed on that, but I'm just not interested in pursuing this further. I told her I would call her, but i'm not sure what's the best thing to say. I'm really bad at this kind of stuff, so I would appreciate some feedback. I'm sure there will be plenty of jokes, but please offer some serious advice

PS, I'm willing to be friends with her
yep, don't beat around the bush. that'll only make it worse. just tell her you aren't into anything more than being friends. if she gets pi$sed, then that's her problem.

elbosco

Jul 17, 2004
If she ever asks "Do I look fat in this dress?" say the dress has nothing to do with it.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Don't use the "never call her back method" cause it doesn't work. I'm still dating a girl from new year's 03/04 and I've called her maybe 5 times in the past year. She's damn persistent though and "It's not working out for me" translates into "...this week. Call me next week."

I tried the lazy method for a few months, didn't work. Told her outright, didn't work. Now I'm going back to being lazy cause it's just easier. :)

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Go out with her again, except this time, you have to act like a real asshole. Don't offer to pay for anything. In fact, tell her you don't have any money nor a job and that you need to borrow money. Tell her about your addiction problem and your run-in with crack dealers. Don't forget to tell her all your past sexual adventures in full detail (with pics if possible). Keep building on it keeping in mind the goal is to turn off as much as possible. When all is said and done, she won't want to go out with you and both of you will have a story to tell for the rest of your lives.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
I'm glad to see we've gone this far into the thread w/o someone screaming for pics :)

As for the OP, I usually just dodge the topic...girls are good at picking up signals

Wanescotting

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2004
Be honest. If she gets angry, oh well. If you lead her on, you know that is trouble. If you are honest, at least here is a chance that she won't get mad.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
PS, I'm willing to be friends with her[/quote]Tell her that, she'll get the message.

In all seriousness, it's never too late nor too early to learn to be forthright. You learn, btw, by doing. People appreciate honesty, as long as said "honesty" is not cruelty or carelessness masquerading as honesty.

You said you enjoyed your date. This indicates to me that the girl was not an airhead twit. Be forthright with her, it will take some courage on your part, but you will be a better man for it, and she will tell her impossibly hot girlfriend, who will then not be able to rest until she has physically satisfied you in every way possible.

By "forthright" I means the following: Full, frank disclosure of your full range of feelings (and lack thereof), spoken as though you expect her to understand. Speak your truth, and you will be amazed at how many folk of either gender can and will rise to the occasion. After all, what is it that you want most from others, bullshit or the truth?

Even though some may react emotionally in the short term, the truth endures, is its own reward, and will get you laid, my son.