How to stop Google Music autoplay

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Recently played something in my car via Google music. Now whenever I start my car it automatically starts playing music from the phone. For the years prior, it never did. So what setting do I need to modify on my phone to have it back at the take no action state when the car is started?

rameshrath

Jan 21, 2017
Go to Music settings in play music and there you can see auto-play option in that make sure that OFF.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004

From that article:
"It's worth noting that, as Artem has discovered, this option has nothing to do with Play Music starting playback whenever you connect to your car's Bluetooth. That feature seems to stem from certain cars' Bluetooth system that sends a play command upon connection, which would result in Play Music starting playback sometimes, regardless of which music and audio apps you have installed on your phone."

So it may not even be an app thing, but a bluetooth system thing.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
From that article:
"It's worth noting that, as Artem has discovered, this option has nothing to do with Play Music starting playback whenever you connect to your car's Bluetooth. That feature seems to stem from certain cars' Bluetooth system that sends a play command upon connection, which would result in Play Music starting playback sometimes, regardless of which music and audio apps you have installed on your phone."

So it may not even be an app thing, but a bluetooth system thing.

i have a VW and its totally the car doing it. sometimes it starts playing Gmusic, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes itll randomly start playing poweramp and not google

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
The truly odd thing being even though my play music app had been used, it never triggered until I used it through the cars BT, and now I can't stop it.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
How is that odd? Doesn't it make a huge stride toward confirming that it's the car?

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Nope cause the car's always done that, phone only started it recently.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
about every 3rd update to google music stops the auto play then it comes back with the next one. at least for me.
on of the update made it so that i didn't see track progress anymore on my cars display but it worked fine, one update made my steering wheel buttons stop working, then they randomly started working again 2 weeks later without any updates, i think it was the 7.0 update that hosed something else when i had my 6p and then it was fixed an update later

basically its all buggy and is a combo of shitty car stuff, general bluetooth shittyness and buggy google things

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
Nope cause the car's always done that, phone only started it recently.
Seems you're not connecting the dots, or I don't have all the information here.

I mean, "until I used it through the cars BT" seems like a big flag to me.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
about every 3rd update to google music stops the auto play then it comes back with the next one. at least for me.
on of the update made it so that i didn't see track progress anymore on my cars display but it worked fine, one update made my steering wheel buttons stop working, then they randomly started working again 2 weeks later without any updates, i think it was the 7.0 update that hosed something else when i had my 6p and then it was fixed an update later

basically its all buggy and is a combo of shitty car stuff, general bluetooth shittyness and buggy google things

I have issues in my highlander where (seemingly randomly) the car audio won't display track information or anything even though it's playing fine via bluetooth. I never really had the issue on my Grand Cherokee so I chalked it up to the car, not the app. Now that I think of it, I'm not sure I ever had my 6p in the jeep though so it could be a 6p problem. There's so many variables at play these days that it could be any number of things not playing right.

All I know is, my google music app doesn't currently auto-start when it connects to my highlander. I'm not sure what that means for you OP, but I'm not seeing the same thing you are.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Seems you're not connecting the dots, or I don't have all the information here.

I mean, "until I used it through the cars BT" seems like a big flag to me.

I recently played a video on my phone. Since using the video player, the music player no longer starts when the phone connects to the car. Sounds even more like a google issue.