How to stop Firefox from disabling my add-ons?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
I was pissed and assumed v66 was one of those major changes to the code that required add-on developers to release a major update, if not rewrite their extensions (which of course then would cause yet another mass exodus). Good to see it's at least not that again...yet.

Yes. I thought it was the two, my only two addons were outdated or something to the affect. Glad to see it was just the entire Firefox ecosystem was down.... :oops:

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I was pissed and assumed v66 was one of those major changes to the code that required add-on developers to release a major update, if not rewrite their extensions (which of course then would cause yet another mass exodus). Good to see it's at least not that again...yet.
You not alone. The day before this all started I saw this post in the other firefox topic so I assumed the worst. I have a feeling I will lose another extension before it's all said and done.

Mozilla announces ban on Firefox extensions containing obfuscated code

https://www.zdnet.com/article/mozil...irefox-extensions-containing-obfuscated-code/