How to setup a wireless nanny cam via 802.11?

cnwk64

Banned
Jul 18, 2001
402
0
0
Can someone suggest the hardware and software requirement for this type of setup.
I already have 802.11b network in my place with a 250GB HDD ready for it.
Is there a software that can do "motion detection" so I don't have to record empty room the whole day?
I look at Dlink's DCS1000W, that look like what I need. but it is kind of big, any smaller version that can do the same thing?
TIA
 

sillymofo

Banned
Aug 11, 2003
5,817
2
0
Originally posted by: cnwk64
Can someone suggest the hardware and software requirement for this type of setup. I already have 802.11b network in my place with a 250GB HDD ready for it. Is there a software that can do "motion detection" so I don't have to record empty room the whole day? I look at Dlink's DCS1000W, that look like what I need. but it is kind of big, any smaller version that can do the same thing? TIA
You mean "sexectary/peeping cam"... Oh... ok...
 

cnwk64

Banned
Jul 18, 2001
402
0
0
Originally posted by: CaseTragedy
go find a x10 popup
I am sick and tire of their popup before I install google toolbar and Mozilla. I am never going to buy a $hit from them. :|
 

iwearnosox

Lifer
Oct 26, 2000
16,018
5
0
Originally posted by: cnwk64
Originally posted by: CaseTragedy
go find a x10 popup
I am sick and tire of their popup before I install google toolbar and Mozilla. I am never going to buy a $hit from them. :|
If you had my neighbors you would. :D

 

cnwk64

Banned
Jul 18, 2001
402
0
0
No Porno here, I wish I can get some ;)
I think the lady that clean my house take some money from me without asking.
I had a can of coins for some reason quarter is getting less and less..... maybe the dog eat it.
 

WayneTeK

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2002
1,283
2
0
Originally posted by: cnwk64
No Porno here, I wish I can get some ;)
I think the lady that clean my house take some money from me without asking.
I had a can of coins for some reason quarter is getting less and less..... maybe the dog eat it.
im almost in the same situation as you are.
 

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
18,927
0
76
Originally posted by: cnwk64
No Porno here, I wish I can get some ;)
I think the lady that clean my house take some money from me without asking.
I had a can of coins for some reason quarter is getting less and less..... maybe the dog eat it.
Same here but I'm pretty sure my cat Rufus is using it to buy catnip from the local catnip dealer.
 

fatkorean

Senior member
Dec 17, 2001
793
0
0
I have a logitec 3000 and the software has what your looking for. You can set it to record a snapshot or for x amount of time after motion is detected.

-fk
 

WayneTeK

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2002
1,283
2
0
Originally posted by: fatkorean
I have a logitec 3000 and the software has what your looking for. You can set it to record a snapshot or for x amount of time after motion is detected.

-fk
can you get that software on logitech's main website?
 

Originally posted by: cr4zymofo
Originally posted by: cnwk64
Can someone suggest the hardware and software requirement for this type of setup. I already have 802.11b network in my place with a 250GB HDD ready for it. Is there a software that can do "motion detection" so I don't have to record empty room the whole day? I look at Dlink's DCS1000W, that look like what I need. but it is kind of big, any smaller version that can do the same thing? TIA
You mean "sexectary/peeping cam"... Oh... ok...
:Q
 

WayneTeK

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2002
1,283
2
0
Originally posted by: WayneTeK
Originally posted by: fatkorean
I have a logitec 3000 and the software has what your looking for. You can set it to record a snapshot or for x amount of time after motion is detected.

-fk
can you get that software on logitech's main website?
sweet.. you can get this software through logitech's website..
 

cnwk64

Banned
Jul 18, 2001
402
0
0
Thanks for all the suggestions
But I need wireless on it for 802.11b. I think I am going to ge for Dlink's product it seems have the right software for my use.

 

WayneTeK

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2002
1,283
2
0
Originally posted by: cnwk64
Thanks for all the suggestions
But I need wireless on it for 802.11b. I think I am going to ge for Dlink's product it seems have the right software for my use.
sure, take the easy way out. =)
 

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
11,772
2
81
Originally posted by: cnwk64
No Porno here, I wish I can get some ;)
I think the lady that clean my house take some money from me without asking.
I had a can of coins for some reason quarter is getting less and less..... maybe the dog eat it.
lmao
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY