how to sell over at craigslist

Solodays

Jun 26, 2003
1: do i need to sign up for a membership in order to sell?

2: if i want to buy something, how do i buy it?

nboy22

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2002
1. no, just click the Post link up at the top right.
2. Copy the reply email address (it's an address that forwards to the actual user's email) and paste it into an email "to:" field or call the number that is listed in the ad.

Solodays

Jun 26, 2003
Originally posted by: nboy22
2. Copy the reply email address (it's an address that forwards to the actual user's email) and paste it into an email "to:" field or call the number that is listed in the ad.

hmm, thats pretty straight forward. but how do i know if the seller is trust worthy or not since there is no feedback ratings like ebay?

can craiglist accept paypay, check, etc ?

Plumcuda1

Jan 1, 2005
Originally posted by: Solodays
Originally posted by: nboy22

hmm, thats pretty straight forward. but how do i know if the seller is trust worthy or not since there is no feedback ratings like ebay?

can craiglist accept paypay, check, etc ?

craigslist is best if used for LOCAL sales ONLY. Pay for em and pick em up in person.

Solodays

Jun 26, 2003
why are people selling crap on their for like $2? are they gonna met in person and exchange the $2? i dont understand.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
why are people selling crap on their for like $2? are they gonna met in person and exchange the $2? i dont understand.

that's just retarded, maybe they are buying something else as well.

transactions are done, buyer/seller preferably in person. Craigslist is essentially a giant telephone pole on the internet where people post signs selling stuff.

nboy22

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2002

Some people will not actually post the prices, therefore you will need to call/email to get the real price.

As mentioned before, only use it for local sales, anyone asking you to send payment/receive payment from anywhere else than the city you live in, disregard their offers/emails.

Also pay in cash, and don't accept checks. Checks can bounce and cash is almost always secure.

Think of it this way, it is a web site for online garage-sales, just use your common sense and only deal with local people.

Solodays

Jun 26, 2003
meeting people locally that you dont know is kinda creepy if you ask me. wht if you happen to met some psycho , he could easily find your address and stalk you.

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001

Yes.

No one with a brain ships anything, it's all meet-in-person. Craigslist are like classified ads in the paper, but online. Understand?

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
meeting people locally that you dont know is kinda creepy if you ask me. wht if you happen to met some psycho , he could easily find your address and stalk you.

If you're worried, don't meet them at your house. I have sold expensive musical equipment and I've bought and sold multiple cars, all with no issues. But you should be smart about who you agree to meet. Proper grammar, prompt communication, and a willingness to exchange phone numbers are essential for me to meet someone. If you are too stupid to use proper English in your ad, I don't want anything to do with you.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001

/shiftyeyes/

nboy22

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2002
Originally posted by: thomsbrain

If you're worried, don't meet them at your house. I have sold expensive musical equipment and I've bought and sold multiple cars, all with no issues. But you should be smart about who you agree to meet. Proper grammar, prompt communication, and a willingness to exchange phone numbers are essential for me to meet someone. If you are too stupid to use proper English in your ad, I don't want anything to do with you.

I've bought a 1000 dollar TV, I got a free 27" TV. I bought my bed and a mirror, and a laptop. I've sold multiple things including my rockford fosgate sound system for cars. I love craigslist, all of my experiences have been great and I have never met any weirdos.