How To Save Your Ass If You Plan To Visit Wisconsin

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

obiwaynekenobi

Golden Member
May 18, 2001

<<
2 words

Anger Management

Edited for spelling. I don't want to draw anymore Oakland wrath with bad grammar. ;)
>>

I'm not angry, I just think it's funny.

killmeplease

Feb 15, 2001

<<

<<
2 words

Anger Management

Edited for spelling. I don't want to draw anymore Oakland wrath with bad grammar. ;)
>>

I'm not angry, I just think it's funny.
>>

No offence meant or taken. It just read that way.

Wisconsinites have no problem laughing at ourselves. Where do you think those damn foam hats came from? Probably the same guys that wrote that f'in Packerena song. ;)

Edit: Damn you Tex, for reminding me of that dark part of history. :)

DumbRedGuy

Oct 22, 2001
A word on "Bubbler"-- It was called this as the Kohler company made a drinking fountain with the brand name "Bubbler" . Like "Kleenix" Don'cha know der hey.

Dictionary.com

In fact there was a thing on the news about "Bubblers" recently because in the latest revisions by the dictionary people, they decided bubbler deserved to be a real word so you can all call it a bubbler and not feel bad.

ALSO, Pop is the local term for a carbonated beverage. That can not be as bad as people who call all soda 'coke'. At least here, when I ask for a coke, I get one, and am not asked "What kind?".

kgraeme

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2000
After reading this thread just before lunch, I decided I needed to celebrate by heading down to a local tavern and getting a couple brats. Nothing like a couple mid-day sausages slathered in onions, sauerkraut and spicy brown mustard. Since I work in downtown Madison, I figured it was either that or sushi.

<< You boys take the cake.

And I was born and raised in Texas

And after college I apprecaited it even more than I ever thought possible!
>>

My dad was an Aggie, and I've spent some time in San Antonio. I have to admit that Texas isn't all bad. Once you get away from Dallas or Huston. Of course, living different places I've come to terms with the fact that it doesn't matter where I live since I'm the same person any place I go.

Hmm...now I'm thinking about fresh, warm tortillas. Every place has it's good points, and for me they usually have to do with food. :D

killmeplease

Feb 15, 2001

<< After reading this thread just before lunch, I decided I needed to celebrate by heading down to a local tavern and getting a couple brats. Nothing like a couple mid-day sausages slathered in onions, sauerkraut and spicy brown mustard. Since I work in downtown Madison, I figured it was either that or sushi.

<< You boys take the cake.

And I was born and raised in Texas

And after college I apprecaited it even more than I ever thought possible!
>>

My dad was an Aggie, and I've spent some time in San Antonio. I have to admit that Texas isn't all bad. Once you get away from Dallas or Huston. Of course, living different places I've come to terms with the fact that it doesn't matter where I live since I'm the same person any place I go.

Hmm...now I'm thinking about fresh, warm tortillas. Every place has it's good points, and for me they usually have to do with food. :D
>>

Yeah. But tortillas don't Race @ 7th inning. :)

BigNeko

Jun 16, 2001
Heh-heh. Almost wrecked on 495 (?) north of Twin Cities cause I saw a Public Works truck plowing lanes on a frozen lake for the ice fishers. Minneapolis/St Paul probably has best variety of ethnic restaurants of any city.

White Castle rules, eh.

Thegonagle

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2000

<< Heh-heh. Almost wrecked on 495 (?) north of Twin Cities cause I saw a Public Works truck plowing lanes on a frozen lake for the ice fishers. Minneapolis/St Paul probably has best variety of ethnic restaurants of any city.

White Castle rules, eh.
>>

Ha ha, yeah, some of the lakes get plowed here, but good luck finding an interstate named 495 west of the Appalachian Mountains. It's 694 to the north, and 494 to the south, but I forgive ya.

White Castle is the only fast food place open 24 hours. It's not that good, but I like it more than McDonald's. (Mmmm, yummy WC turkey sandwiches and onion chips.)

We've got a very good variety of ethnic restaurants for a metro our size, but it's nothing like what you could find in much larger cities.