Question How to remove/uninstall a software completely?

ithehappy

Oct 13, 2013
As the title asks. When I want to remove a software from Windows 10 I would like for it to remove all traces of it. So when I install it back it doesn't restore any of my data. Lately I have had this problem with a few software. Even after uninstalling them and installing back they restored my settings! I even deleted the folder manually from under Program files but that didn't do it! It got my settings from someplace else and I don't like that.

Is there a built-in feature in Windows 10 or do I need to use a third party software for that? I remember using Revo Uninstaller or something back in the days but remember that it would ask you to delete traces manually after uninstalling a software, I would like to avoid that, need the process to be automated.

Thanks in advance.

deustroop

Golden Member
Dec 12, 2010
After the uninstall , search in the Windows Explorer search app and delete any remains / manually search in users (you)/app data/local

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
It's up to the software's built-in uninstaller, and that part hasn't changed much over the years. Some built-in uninstallers are better than others. Some leave data on purpose (for example, if you uninstall Chrome, it leaves your browsing history and cookies, if you uninstall Outlook it leaves all your emails). Revo is still out there and will still remove the registry entries and any files/folders it finds, if you want to mess with it.

AlanWade

Mar 4, 2019
Use Revo Uninstaller and the process is easy, after it has search for "leftovers" just click the button to select all and delete, then do it again for the folders etc. Its just a click or two.........

daveybrat

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jan 31, 2000
Use Revo Uninstaller and the process is easy, after it has search for "leftovers" just click the button to select all and delete, then do it again for the folders etc. Its just a click or two.........

AlanWade is absolutely correct. Revo Uninstaller is excellent at removing programs thoroughly. I've used it so many times i can't even remember.

daveybrat

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jan 31, 2000
But which version of Revo Uninstaller should I use? Verzion 4 seems bloated now.

It's pretty simple, there's a free version and a paid version. But what does Revo Uninstaller have to do with Verizon??

This is a program for uninstalling Windows programs. I'm not quite sure what you're asking??

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
It's pretty simple, there's a free version and a paid version. But what does Revo Uninstaller have to do with Verizon??

This is a program for uninstalling Windows programs. I'm not quite sure what you're asking??

Sorry I am brain dead I meant Revo Uninstaller 4.