How to peneterate the bureaucracy?

Rike

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2004
Anyone got any good tricks for getting through the bureaucracy at CitiBank, short of threating to sue them?

My wife and I are are all ready to pay off the last of her student loans (hooray!) and Citibank can't even tell us the payoff amount. In fact, the whole account in FUBARed. They say we're delinquent, but we've have bank records going back for years that show we've actually paid ahead and never even been a day late with a payment.

The regular account reps can't fix anything and when my wife goes around with them on the phone (they'll only talk to her as it's her loan), it's the same thing every time. The rep can't fix things, a supervisor isn't available, but one will call you back in 24 to 48 hours. We now have the names of six different reps, but not a single supervisor has ever called us.

CitiBank :|

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
Sounds like the bureaucracy has been penetrating your wife for some time now. Maybe she should just ask it to switch positions. :)

How about writing a letter describing your problems in detail, including supporting documentation. Generally letters will get passed along to a person who can actually deal with it.

Of course you'll have to find out the right place to send a letter, but I doubt that'll be too hard.

Rike

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2004
Come on, I know we've got lots of people in the financial services sector in ATOT. Is a letter with copied records the way to go or is there something more direct?