Question How to pair a bluetooth device with an android emulator in a PC?

Sea_Horse99

Dec 14, 2020
I ask my question here because OS is not important, the important thing is to solve.
I've got this bluetooth device and it can be set by its app but I do not own a smartphone. I've got a bluetooth usb dongle and my Win10 recognize that device, the problem is I can't use bluestacks as android emulator because bluetooth doesn't work on it as you know.
Is there a way to solve my problem?

JackMDS

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 25, 1999
The App seems to be for controlling Hearing Aid.

Your Blue tooth device seems to be related to it too.

I do not under stand what is the connection of these issues to Computers' OS.

:cool:

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
Solution is to find a cheap used smartphone. They are cheap and ubiquitous almost everywhere in the world now. It doesn't need cell service, only wifi, to download and run this app, and it will be way more convenient than being tied to a stationary PC.

Sea_Horse99

Dec 14, 2020
Is "the" smartphone REALLY the only solution? I do not understand much about that but I red about an android os that can be installed in a pc partition and in that environment bluetooth'd work; right or wrong?

JackMDS

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 25, 1999
Then, contact the App people and find if, and how the App can work and communicate with the
hearing aid.

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
Who told you bluetooth is supported in Android emulator?

==

Last edited:
Reactions: Sea_Horse99

Sea_Horse99

Dec 14, 2020
Nobody told me, I'm just a noob and I'm just asking a solution.
So definitely there're only 2 solutions (from quora):
- running the app with bt functionality within an android os in a flash drive;
- running virtual box and installing an android os within it
Right?

Now what kind of android os could I get and put in a usb flash drive with rufus? Afaik there're several ones and I ask you suggestions because I need it only to solve my problem and not for other goals, I mean maybe I could get the smallest and fastest and easiest.

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
Nothing works reliably/properly for x86 Android, physical machine or VM (VMware or VirtualBox) since Android is highly optimized for ARM.

I have tried everything since 6.0 . Constantly boots half way or boots OK but crashes / not responding all the time even after booting into the desktop.

Attach bluetooth adapter to VM and VM won't see the adapter.

Just get a used smartphone.

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
Another way is, if you have an old laptop/PC with Intel iGPU, (AMD/NVIDIA GPU not supported)
you can try Chrome OS (with Android support) see if bluetooth works in the OS.

However the Chrome OS UI sucks big time, so I erased it and installed Linux Mint instead.

Last edited:

Sea_Horse99

Dec 14, 2020
No way, I've only got an old acer travelmate 663 laptop.

Tell me one thing: is it sure or not that bt won't work on android "physical machine" (I guess you mean the flash drive solution)? Another question: is it the same to run android os in a flash drive or to install it on a pc partition to make bt works in my scenario?

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
You can only boot from flash drive, you can't install an OS onto a flash drive, except Cloud Ready (and Windows to Go) I guess.
Cloud Ready has been acquired by Google, however.

This is Android 7.1 in VirtualBox.

I tried several versions of 6.0 to 9.x, rc1 to rc5, you name it. It's so frustrating that I don't think I'll try again. Physical machine does not fair better.

You don't see anyone sell x86 android box on Amazon or anywhere, do you? If you insist, see if there are any new tutorials on youtube claiming successful installs.

Untitled.png

To make any device work, you need drivers, including bluetooth, VM or physical. I have bluetooth adapter, but I never try bluetooth in Android physical machine.

Last edited:

Sea_Horse99

Dec 14, 2020
All right, you referred to VM so I guess you didn't try that with a physical machine and you can't be sure. If it's easy enough for a noob like me I could try, I guess it's my only hope for now.

I don't understand why you said: "you can't install an OS onto a flash drive". Maybe I didn't understand but here
it says: "The standard method is to burn an Android-x86 version to a bootable CD or USB stick and install the Android OS directly to your hard drive". Honestly I didn't read the whole article so forgive me if I'm wrong. So is it possible or not to install an android os in a pc partition?

Finally maybe the bt dongle itself can make the difference due to the drivers matter, but it's just a thought of a noob.

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
Of course I installed on a physical PC, on an HDD partition. But I erased it too because it also crashed or hanged there all the time. I didn't really have a need for bluetooth so I didn't test it. But I know how OS and device works. PC and Android chip vendors (including bluetooth) are very different.

I have played computers for over 35 years since APPLE II 68000 and IBM DOS, CP/M, etc. I know what I'm doing and I know what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sea_Horse99

Sea_Horse99

Dec 14, 2020
Ok, you're the guru :)
So definitely there's no PC solution for my problem though you didn't test bt on android os, let's say impossible on 99%.

Let me know a thing: does a PC "hybrid" cpu with arm-like structure exist? If I've understood the beginning of the problem relies on that.

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
There is no x86 ARM hybrid CPU/PC, at least for now. The architecture is completely different.

If you don't want a smartphone, then buy a cheap Android box, most should have bluetooth support.

or try Android TV x86 (which I just found via Android x86 entry at Wikipedia), the creator claims it works with bluetooth.

Be noted, x86 Android usually is unstable, it's a hack. There are many compatibility issues.

Mega.nz download seems doesn't work at the moment though.

Last edited:

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
Mega.nz link works now. But ATV9 iso wouldn't boot into installation steps properly at all on my PC, it always stopped half way.

I did retry LineageOS 7.1 and Chromebook (now supports AMD Ryzen/Stoney Ridge), after some struggle and using 3rd party bluetooth scanning and paIring APP, both finally work with my bluetooth adapter and able to connect to my smartphone or bluetooth speaker, but neither iso distro support my old AMD Radeon GPU. only Intel iGPU works.

Since you don't have a spare system with Intel iGPU or above mentioned AMD stuff, don't waste your time. So the best bet is still a factory build Android system.

Last edited:

Sea_Horse99

Dec 14, 2020
So are my last chances android box / Android TV x86 or have I definitely no chances? Consider I'm running
- amd ryzen 3 2200g (with Radeon Vega 8 Graphics)
- msi b450a pro
- 2x4gb kingston hyperx predator 3200mhz CL16 ram
Will I have some choices? I ask before wasting my (few) money in a new android device.

Anyway and just for my knowledge, please explain me better what/how the job would be. I get this stuff (eg. android box) with integrated and working BT and then...?

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
It's getting ridiculous. I'm not your tutor/employee/personal engineer/money manager.
I have no obligation to make sure your stuff works or to help you save money.
I have given you so much info, you make your own decision and you are responsible for it yourself.

Last edited:

Sea_Horse99

Dec 14, 2020
I put android x86 in a pendrive with rufus and I ran it live. It was my very first time with android os because I've never got a smartphone so honestly I'm not so sure about what it happened, I mean what worked and what didn't. Anyway I guess BT dongle worked and was paired to the comdex device but my huawei wifi dongle [12d1:14db Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. E353/E3131] wasn't recognize by the os.
Let me tell you in details what it happened:
- As soon as os started it began to search wifi. I've got that huawei and it works properly on my ubuntu but android coulnd't find it in that live session. I guess it's a very bad downside for my goal because the only way to set comdex up is via its app but if I can't download it during a live android session it will be useless to pair bt and comdex;
- I did this to pair the comdex. I chose "task bar" at the beginning, then clicked on the "numb" with dots in the lower left corner -> settings -> connected devices > connection preferences, then pair new devices -> pairing com-dex 410. Consider the device name was ms-7b86, which is my mb's code, so I guess it referred to BT dongle.

Now let me know 1) if the comdex and the dongle were properly paired and 2) how to enable wifi (huawei).
I've got another idea about comdex app but I don't know if it's possible so I ask you. I can get its app from the web when I run ubuntu for first, then I could "merge" this file (or these files) to the .iso android file so its app will be ready to use in a live session though there will be no internet connection. Is that possible?

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
Last response. My experience is Androidx86 also does not support my Asus wifi adapter, only ethernet. It will convert ethernet into wifi and name it VirtWiFi, but it actually used wired connection. If your BT pairs, then it pairs.

But this guy managed to make it work.

I'm not interested Android x86 topics anymore, you are on your own.
Just buy a real cheap new Android or used device and your life will be a lot easier.

Last edited:

Sea_Horse99

Dec 14, 2020
I see, thanks anyway for your time.
I tried that solution (scanning peripherals in debug mode before the normal live session) but didn't work for me. Maybe I'll try with one or two different android os (bliss, prime, etc.) for my goal, I see no other chances but buying a smartphone.
Another problem is I can't find so many android-for-pc forums to discuss this question, anyway I'll go on with my own.

OlyAR15

Oct 23, 2014
I really don't understand why you won't just buy a cheap used android phone and use that. Why go through all this headache? You don't even need a data plan on the phone to use that app. so a ~$50 phone solves your problem.

Or you can always try the beta Win11 version with Android app support.

right_to_know

Nov 19, 2015
Another problem is I can't find so many android-for-pc forums to discuss this question, anyway I'll go on with my own.

Did you find any other ways of solving your problem?
Plenty of other people are wanting to use Android on their PC too.

I really don't understand why you won't just buy a cheap used android phone and use that. Why go through all this headache? You don't even need a data plan on the phone to use that app. so a ~$50 phone solves your problem.

Why tolerate googles attempt to take over peoples lives with these devices along with retarded companies that make crap programs and stick them on google play instead of making proper ones for the PC and having a setup file.

nightearth

Dec 17, 2021
Hi everyone, any update regarding the Bluetooth connectivity please?
I test Bluetooth on android subsystem and bluestack and it is not working on both. any suggestion please?