Question How to move Folder?

sussertown

Jan 26, 2004
I can't get a useful answer. I've tried the traditional methods. I have Windows 10 and I meant to move the downloads to the desktop. Instead, they went to documents.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
I can't get a useful answer. I've tried the traditional methods. I have Windows 10 and I meant to move the downloads to the desktop. Instead, they went to documents.
You could try right-clicking on the 'Downloads' folder, click on 'Properties', then the 'Location' tab and make the changes you wish to make from there.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Have you gone into the options in your browser, and selected your desktop path as the default download directory? Assuming you are using a browser to download.

Reactions: pcgeek11

sussertown

Jan 26, 2004
Here's the problem: there is no folder now other than the Documents folder and this is where files are downloaded to.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Create some folders and have a blast in this registry location?

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

Btw: 'Personal' is the user's Documents folder.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Here's the problem: there is no folder now other than the Documents folder and this is where files are downloaded to.
I have Windows 10 and there is a Download folder.

I use Firefox as my browser. Go to settings > General tab > scroll down to Files and Applications > Click Browse and choose the location to save your files.

Reactions: pcgeek11